• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Assembly log. EF 104 Extra.

3dbandit

100cc
aileron deflection

Attachments

• IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by a moderator:

3dbandit

100cc
started gluing the control horns in, just finished the right wing panel.

Before gluing in the horns I lightly sand the section that will be contacting the glue just to make sure that they dont have any film or mold release chemicals.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 273
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 234
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 246
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 250
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:

3dbandit

100cc
left wing panel control horns

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 251

djmoose

70cc twin V2
3dbandit, I'm very interested in your aileron servo geometry. please post pics of what you end up with and how much servo travel you're getting each way! (I'm working on my 103 right now)

Awesome stuff!

3dbandit

100cc
3dbandit, I'm very interested in your aileron servo geometry. please post pics of what you end up with and how much servo travel you're getting each way! (I'm working on my 103 right now)

Awesome stuff!

alright, will do.

in the hardware pack they included to different types of control horns for the wing specific for the inboard and outboard servos which allow for easier servo set up. they geometry is better as the outboard servo horn is drilled farther out than the inboard servo allowing the servo's to travel the same distance to get the same deflection

Attachments

• www.extremeflightrc.com manuals 104_Extra_300_manual1.pdf.jpg
    www.extremeflightrc.com manuals 104_Extra_300_manual1.pdf.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 244

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Yup! I noticed that! Very nice! It's important to have the pushrods connect to the horn at the same distance from the hinge line on both servos. It's good they have that measured already. I'd suggest taking a quick measurement before you glue them in. I needed to do a little shimming and sanding to get the middle hole on my inboards to match up with the top hole on the outboards.

alright, will do.

in the hardware pack they included to different types of control horns for the wing specific for the inboard and outboard servos which allow for easier servo set up. they geometry is better as the outboard servo horn is drilled farther out than the inboard servo allowing the servo's to travel the same distance to get the same deflection

3dbandit

100cc
Yup! I noticed that! Very nice! It's important to have the pushrods connect to the horn at the same distance from the hinge line on both servos. It's good they have that measured already. I'd suggest taking a quick measurement before you glue them in. I needed to do a little shimming and sanding to get the middle hole on my inboards to match up with the top hole on the outboards.

too late to measure, already glued.

3dbandit

100cc
I installed the elevator servos and just finished balancing the servos in the wings.

final deflections: Elevators-55 degrees ailerons- 40 degrees

I will upload pics later.