• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aeroworks with ZDZ180

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Putting on the final touches. One of them is black plastic loom over the wires. I get it the auto parts store in 1/4 inch. I put a small zip tie at each end. I like it better than the spiral loom which can be too tight and cause the same problems as electrical tape. Never use electrical tape on these wires as it is your ground for your ignition and it will cause you to loose your ignition prematurely. I have actually been asked about this a lot lately and have had some engines come in for repair with electrical tape on them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 461

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
She is done! We are now waiting for a runway to clear up so we can fly her.
It weighs in at 41lbs 6oz.
4 elevator servos, 3 aileron servos, 2 7980's on the rudder, JMB cans, a falcon 32/12, and a Pete's 5 inch spinner.

Thank you to all who participated in the sale and thread! We hope you enjoy your motors! ( the sale is now over)

I run my stuff on a hitec aurora 9x and I absolutely love it. I have had a great experience with my hitec radio after switching over from JR about 4 years ago.

A few items I wanted to mention on the build are the Airwild twisted wire and the smart fly EQ10.
I have done a lot of testing with an RF meter to find the wire that has the lowest RF. in this testing I found that twisted wire was the lowest and the Airwild brand is the absolute lowest. I have been running it for years and it is hard to beat. You can make every extension the exact length you need.

Even though I am running Hitec servos which I program, the EQ10's ability to match each servo makes it so I can tune each servo to get the lowest amp draw with the most precise setup. It also makes it so that if I bump something rally hard at the field I can adjust the servos so that I am not pulling a lot of amps.

This was a fun project and I am anxious to get it up in the air.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 418
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 435