• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aeroworks with ZDZ180

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
I have started assembling a new Aeroworks 42% extra 260. It will be running a ZDZ180B2-J Champion with JMB front dump canisters, Hitec servos and smart fly EQ10.

I have always liked aeroworks planes and when I saw they were running a sale I decided to go for it and get another one. I drove (8 hours) over to Aeroworks to pick up this plane and meet everyone. I have to say they sure are some great people!

SPECIAL OFFER!
In conjunction with this build thread we are going to be running a special at ZDZ USA. If you buy a 40% aeroworks plane you can call us at ZDZ USA and we will give you a special price on the ZDZ180B2-J Champion. This sale is good for planes purchased from aeroworks only and will end once my build is complete. I am sorry but you MUST call in to get the price! It is so low that it can not be posted or advertised by anyone!

ZDZ USA 801-698-3541

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
I am starting out by installing the ZDZ180. I was able to take the DA 150 template that comes in the kit and modify it to fit the carb through the back. Then I drilled my holes and cut out the circle for the carb and it fit in perfect. Now I can start using that to decided what drop of headers I am going to need and the best way to mount the canisters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 416
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 408
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 409

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Tonight I started working on the rudder. I prefer flat hinges on the rudder so that I can have a wire and remove the rudder when needs be. You know those dang tail touches that we just have to do and when you have to fit it in a smaller vehicle. I take a 1/4x1/4 balsa stick and lightly round it with 80 grit sand paper until it fits perfectly tight in the pre-existing factory holes. Then I glue in the sticks with tightbond 2 wood glue. I am now waiting for it to dry.View attachment 47150 View attachment 47151
View attachment 47150 View attachment 47151

AeroWorks

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Joe,

The build is looking great I can’t wait to see the performance of the ZDZ180B2-J Champion engine!

Just a reminder our Year End Sale is still running save up to 30% on select 150cc planes that along with your generous offer will add up to some tremendous savings!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Rocco
Aeroworks