• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Well [MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] looks like I got lucky bro. Dry fitted an old Xoar 18x8 prop with an Elite spinner and all is good to go. Got some aircraft aluminum 5/8 round stock so I'll be machining that down to make my motor stands and I'll be done.

[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], when you get the standoffs made, can you let me know the length? I'm not even close to being done but it would be nice to know the size.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] Here you go my friend. 7/8" about 1/16" shorter than the stock wood stand off's.

4330MotorStandOffs01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] Here you go my friend. 7/8" about 1/16" shorter than the stock wood stand off's.

View attachment 35170

Thank you [MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION]. Those are beautiful standoffs. It looks like I'll be able to make due with the wood ones from the kit, I'll just sand them down a bit. The wood should be fine, it seems like decent hard wood. Although if I start doing some serious stick bashing 3D with this plane I'll change them to aluminum.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey man I spoke too soon, I will be shaving off a bit more. Im such a dumbass, I forgot to account for the backplate. So once I get it here and mount it I will get you the correct measurements, sorry bro. Although if you are going to stick with the wood I suppose it wont matter.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Awesome standoffs [MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION]. I wish I had a lathe... I have my eye on the table-top little lathe at harbor freight. My buddy has it and has turned some pretty cool little parts like that. What machine do you have?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh man I wish I had my own. I have a friend that does this for me bud. He's been doing machine work for about 40+ years.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Hey man I spoke too soon, I will be shaving off a bit more. Im such a dumbass, I forgot to account for the backplate. So once I get it here and mount it I will get you the correct measurements, sorry bro. Although if you are going to stick with the wood I suppose it wont matter.

No worries, you're right with the wood I can just shave them down little by little until I hit if perfect, OR I may spring for some AL standoffs from here http://www.customstandoffs.com/

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah man I have seen that site. Was going to order from him, but first checked with my friend Frank and he said he had some left over titanium round stock. Cost me a beer. So ever since if I need a custom part I go to him first. I have this idea of a sliding battery tray that will move backwards and forwards but will lock in small increments. That way you can change up your cg to be either dead center or go nose heavy or tail as much as you want. Thing is, it would weigh more than the strap method. I figure this wouldn't be as big a deal on larger aircraft though. Depends on how light we can get it.

Pete

50cc
Great looking stand offs! I'm working on the 20cc MXS-R currently and going with electric set up. I'm in need of motor stand offs too! Wish I had a lathe!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well fellas I had a chat with my buddy Frank and he said he wouldn't mind making extra's. When I asked how much he said for just some straight rounds with threads on each side $10 a set, $15 if they want the cut the same way as the one's he did for me, or if you have an idea of your own custom design and it's not too intricate. Would depend on how long it would take to make. Just remember these are not just thrown in a CNC machine, they are hand made with much tighter tolerances. Can do it in Titanium or Aircraft Aluminum. And when asked about length he said that shouldn't have any affect on price unless they were abnormally long. So there you have it if you interested.

Right now he's working on a set of Titanium Axles for me, I don't like the lose tolerances of the retaining collar or wheel fit. Which brings me to a question to you guys. As far as wheels go, I have always used what was shipped with the plane. There must be better one's out there and was hoping you could recommend the best wheels out there.

Side Note: [MENTION=2579]Pete[/MENTION] if I hadn't already, just wanted to thank you guy's at Aerobeez for helping me out with my Slick Pro Cowling problem.

Thanks much...

Bush