• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 45% Extra 300 assembly

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
More hotness :yesss:

Last night I spent a little bit of time and made a plywood plate to mount my ignition module to, and then mounted the ignition to it using velcro and zip ties. She's not going anywhere.

20161017_184308.jpg

I also mounted the TechAero IBEC inside with a zip tie and double sided foam tape.

20161017_183934.jpg

She's just begging to be flown again :yesss:

20161017_185009.jpg

Here's an awesome video of the airplane from Joe Nall this year:

Even at 49Lb in the video it still flew phenomenal, I've already shaved 3lb off with the ZDZ and hopefully with 4 less servos it'll slim it down to roughly an additional 1lb less. You can see that the DA200L has no problem exerting its muscle upon the airplane so with the more powerful ZDZ180 this should turn out to be an awesome and FUN airplane :brian-banana:

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
9Tonight I worked with the cowl and got a new hole made for the port muffler and cleaned up the rest of the holes so they wouldn't crack, also had to cut clearance holes for the front of the mufflers. I worked with the darice foam and sealed up the excess holes from the DA200 mufflers, I think it turned out great.

20161018_181947.jpg

The foam is snug against the mufflers in a couple of spots so I'll fire it up and heat cycle everything a few times before I paint the foam to make it blend. It really stiffened up the cowl which I was pleased with.

20161018_182718.jpg

Lastly I went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of bolts and washers to get the cowl mounted up. That's all for tonight :)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tank and tubing is here, just waiting on velcro straps and I can slap it in tonight :)

20161019_133610.jpg

I'm going to try and get batteries in tonight as well. Just waiting on servo boxes and wheels now....

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got the tank in and all of the bolts in place for the cowl tonight. Did some plumbing also buy I don't like this tubing between the tank and the carb, gping to replace it with tygon both in the tank and between the tank and carb.

20161019_193829.jpg

20161019_194006.jpg

Tomorrow night I want to get the rudder linkages setup, I should have my servo boxes tomorrow too so I can start setting up the throttle and choke servos :)

JAG

70cc twin V2
Got the tank in and all of the bolts in place for the cowl tonight. Did some plumbing also buy I don't like this tubing between the tank and the carb, gping to replace it with tygon both in the tank and between the tank and carb.

View attachment 89977

View attachment 89978

Tomorrow night I want to get the rudder linkages setup, I should have my servo boxes tomorrow too so I can start setting up the throttle and choke servos :)

Just curious, but what don't you like about the Blue tubing? Has seemed to work fine for me, but I dont have much experience with either tubing. I have a little of both.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just curious, but what don't you like about the Blue tubing? Has seemed to work fine for me, but I dont have much experience with either tubing. I have a little of both.

Its just cheep stuff, not good quality like real genuine Tygon. Very difficult to get it to slide onto any of the fittings without it putting up a huge fight. I have also been told it's too thin walled for feeding the engine.

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Its just cheep stuff, not good quality like real genuine Tygon. Very difficult to get it to slide onto any of the fittings without it putting up a huge fight. I have also been told it's too thin walled for feeding the engine.

Xpress I have used that tubing a few times. If you heat it it will slide right on with no fuss. Once it cools off it's hard to get off. It also don't swell or get brittle like tygon tubing. Never had an issue with feeding the engine. However the biggest engine I have used it on is a 55cc. I use tygon on my bigger planes just because it is easier to get locally then the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little moisture works well, but I use nothing but the fuel line that we have at TDRC. A little heat with the heat gun, and then pinch it with your fingers is what I do. You will ha e to cut the line onorder to remove it, or heat it, again.

JAG

70cc twin V2
I'm running it on a DLE111 with no issues. And I had issues getting it on as well. But I didn't try heat, I'll remember that next time. If I ever wanted to remove it, I have had to cut it off.