• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 45% Extra 300 assembly

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hi guys. Most of you know that I acquired this airplane last week to help do some testing on it for Aerobeez. This is a prototype model that has made its way around the country and into the hands of various pilots for feedback and now it's my turn.

_MG_7419.jpg
_MG_7421.jpg

Santiago had it setup with HS-7980TG servos and a DA-200L on the nose for power. I have decided that it needs more power and less weight so I went with a ZDZ180 from Joe at ZDZ USA. Initially, I will test fly it with an 8 servo setup (sans choke and throttle servos) and if it's not enough for me then I will bump it up to 13 servos. First steps as of tonight have been to get all the measuring done for engine standoff lengths. In the end I went with the 1/2"-15/16" SWB standoff kit which will provide me with plenty of spacing and adjustment.

13668854_10210974459264379_17182372281903448_o.jpg

Lots of admiring my new purchase today. Tomorrow I will work on getting the firewall cut out for the carb so the engine will be ready to bolt in when the standoffs get here. There is more minor work that I would like to do to the cowl and firewall as well since it has been cut up for use with the 200 and its large mufflers. Speaking of mufflers, I haven't bought any yet because I am going to get the engine in the cowl first to see what will fit the best.

That's all for tonight.

HS 81 or 85 MGs. ;)

Really, just need a servo that has good speed, for throttle. Your carb will only transition so fast.

I just bought 2 Savox 1250 HVs for my 93" AJ Laser with a 3W 55xi and tuned pipe. That should be flying in a couple of weeks.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Question for the ZDZ180 guys. What servos do you use for throttle and choke? I was thinking of using an HS-5565MH for throttle and an HS-5087MH for choke.

http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...al-high-speed-digital-coreless-servo-/product

http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...emium-digital-metal-gear-micro-servo-/product

Thoughts?

MKS 1250's Don't use the little micro one's on an engine like this. Standard size, MG on gas engines period. Do not need to be lightning fast. Even with my 1250's before the engine was broken in and it was a hair fat on the low I could punch it and get it to sag. Now that it's broken in and tuned up better it is instant spool up, but bunky is correct on the speed.

Looks like the one's you chose should be fine, although I would go with the first one myself. Second is very slow.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
It's nice to see Aerobeez making big stuff. I like the covering design too. I dare you to put Savox servos in there...:dancing-chicken: