• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

91" Extreme Flight Extra

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Getting a little closer. Today was the first time to get back on the plane in 2-weeks. going to make the plug cap cutout next then start the cowl split. I did layup my inlet baffles today as well using some carbon fiber that I have a bunch laying around from some wind tunnel models that we had made.

Does anyone know for sure if DA voids your ignition warranty if you cut off the powerpole connector? I am thinking of just cutting it off and soldering in a short servo extension to connect to my Tech Aero IBEC.

Motor.png

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Finally got up videos from testing the 24B.
Been nearly a month since I got out. Thanks to my son for taking video, encore video I didn't know my 12yo son kept recording.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Got my cowl cut and everything under the hood all set. Just need to hinge the new wings and set up for quad aileron servos and I'm ready for warm weather!!!!
Terry in looking at your ignition do you have any foam under there? I just finished up my split cowl and baffles and doing a quick dry fit using some of the hobby sponge foam my ignition hits the cowl.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry in looking at your ignition do you have any foam under there? I just finished up my split cowl and baffles and doing a quick dry fit using some of the hobby sponge foam my ignition hits the cowl.

I don't put foam under anything, just sticky velcro stuck to the plane and the part. Then zip tie loosely. With foam you have to tie it down so tight to keep it form sliding that the foam is no longer effective. Same with RX's, just velcro and a small velcro strap loosely put around that.