• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

84" Bigfoot

Be sure if you try to harrier her you use the flaps. When I was talking to Jim Smith at Bowling Green, he stressed this because it will stall, or even worse snap out without the use of flaps apparently.

I found this out because Gary asked to see how it elevators. I went up, pulled the throttle and started to hold up elevator. It stalled hard and rolled 90 degrees. It was a bit towards the sun at that moment and it had to roll it to reestablish orientation. It's stall tendency makes as lot of sense with the high wing I just wasn't anticipating the tip stall.

It does roll good for a high wing and does good circular loops. The huge amount of side area keeps it tracking and it knife edges with little rudder. It with most certainly need knife edge mixing.

I was expecting I fly it low and slow like my funcub, but it was not that comfortable to me yet. This is a very different flavor of airplane for sure.

A friend of mine has one and I went over to help him with it Saturday. Plane looks really good, looks like they made some really good improvements from the first prototypes they came out with, like the one JP still has.
Here's some pics of the new fuel tank I installed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376366439.511254.jpg
That's the new Don Julio special reserve tank. We seem to like it! Lol

All joking aside, this airplane will fly for over 30 minutes on a 16oz tank. You are not hammering the throttle as much. We never put more than a quarter back into it on Sunday.

Hell all, My name is Ronnie
I just joined this site and lookey here,, a discussion about the plane I am currently building,, I have been logging my build on rcg if anyone is interested here is the link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1968939

I believe I will maiden mine by the end of next week at the latest,, looking forward to seeing it in the air, and also learning from this forum as well..

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hell all, My name is Ronnie
I just joined this site and lookey here,, a discussion about the plane I am currently building,, I have been logging my build on rcg if anyone is interested here is the lin

I believe I will maiden mine by the end of next week at the latest,, looking forward to seeing it in the air, and also learning from this forum as well..

Hey Ronnie! Thanks for joining us here.

I'm sure it would be a big effort, but we'd love to host your build log here also, so all our members can comment about it here and not have to log in elsewhere.
Again, welcome to 3DRCF!

-G

Hey Ronnie! Thanks for joining us here.

I'm sure it would be a big effort, but we'd love to host your build log here also, so all our members can comment about it here and not have to log in elsewhere.
Again, welcome to 3DRCF!

-G

Thanks GYRO,, I am transferring my build to this forum so anyone can easily view,, thanks for the welcome I will be a regular
heres my build its in this forum
http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?1718-My-3DHS-BIGFOOT-build

Got a little more time on it today. Got more comfy with full flap decents. Flipped it over once with no damage on roll out. Put it in a small elevator to flap mix to to help on landings. I was just figuring out that putting flaps up on roll out help stop it faster as it dumps the lift in the wing. I want to flap with spoilerons at some point to decend it even faster.