• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

84" Bigfoot

starzen

New to GSN!
maidened mine today with the VVRC 40. didnt get a lot of time in the air because a storm was moving in.

Have to do something with the tailwheel. Didnt help much on the ground and the spring came out so after landing i had no control at all

forgot expo on the aileron and it was a little squirrely

the door was blowing open but that may go away once i put the cowl on

gyro

GSN Contributor
maidened mine today with the VVRC 40. didnt get a lot of time in the air because a storm was moving in.

Have to do something with the tailwheel. Didnt help much on the ground and the spring came out so after landing i had no control at all

Congrats on the maiden, and welcome to 3DRCForums!

SnowDog

Congrats on the maiden, and welcome to 3DRCForums!

Starzen, glad to have you here...I've been watching your build of Bigfoot...seems like you are one of the first to get it airborne!

How do you think Bigfoot will fly with a DLE-30? That's what I've been planning to use...although I have an OS GT33 in my 71 Slick I could move to Bigfoot if necessary....

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I cant wait to see the "end user" videos of bigfoot. We had a Funcub that my son flew a bunch. That bad boy was so much fun. We put countless flights on her. Bigfoot looks to continue that kind of fun. I am looking forward to the foamie version. Something in the 60" or so range electric size would probably be my dream plane! Actually this one is, but my wallet (and car) screams no. Oh, wait that is my wife (hehe!). I may have the perfect flying site for such a beast. At any rate I am so glad to see this style of plane getting more popular.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fly my funcub when I am jonesin for some bush fun. I put it back on floats as that is a ton of fun if you have a site for that sort of thing. Looks like mine will be up for the weekend. My buddy ordered some cheap LED bulbs for the landing lights.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I would like a fun cub with 3d size control surfaces. It is a classic. I hope "Foamfoot" is like that but flies just a tad more groovey if you know what I mean.

My Funcub flexes too much in hard maneuvers. I tried it on 4s and it was not possible to fly in a straight line. Foamfoot with the balsa and CF should yield a better experience. Hopefully the Funcub floats will fit on it.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
My Funcub flexes too much in hard maneuvers. I tried it on 4s and it was not possible to fly in a straight line. Foamfoot with the balsa and CF should yield a better experience. Hopefully the Funcub floats will fit on it.
Exactly! I think we tend to fly them outside there intended flight envelope. I flew mine on the "stock" power system. 13x6.5-14x7 apc. Had to put the battery back to the air exit in the bottom of the fuse. It would come out of a full power dive add flaps and almost stop. There are so many floats out there around this size. I cant wait to add a bigfoot or similar plane. Full flaps and good power, kinda like doing an elevator but going up! This class of plane is going to be so much fun. I cant wait for the smaller ones!

Nalby

50cc
anyone have pics of how they mounted the throttle servo for the vvrc twin 40cc? Mine only came with small servo boxes and i'm using a standard size servo

I am going to guess you need to mount it inverted underneath in front of the can tunnel. You can hog out the servo box to fit a standard servo I believe. If not Jtec sells them.