• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 75cc 106" HyperLITE Slick 540 by Fibertech N More

BalsaDust

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Thanks for checking out the build guys. Should be fun and Kevin did a nice job on design. Looks like some interest in Biplanes out there. Ya.. I know Terry has been kicking around one for the Viper. I have been doing some pre design for a S12 or M12 and a possible Hybrid of my own version of a biplane.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Working on the motor box sides I started with the LH of TG1 and F1 then fastened these two together and then done same for RH sides TG2 and F2 (no glue yet). For some of the parts instead of using a smaller hammer to tap parts together I use a grip clamp to squeeze them together. In fact I rather use this over tapping them together if possible. Then once they were together I installed the assemble parts to the motor box sides.

EB10.png EB11.png EB12.png EB13.png EB14.png

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
I also spent some time over the weekend working on a new wheel pant plug. This will be used for both the 35% HyperLITE and the new Viper-ST. After lots of sanding primer, painting the plugs are now ready and it's time to start on the parting board and making the new molds.
For paint and primer of the plugs I just used cheap rattle can primer and paint. The extra time and cost of high end auto paint never seems to be worth it when the real layer of the plug is not so great PVA mold release. I’ll post more pics and the process as I do this part. The second pic shows a new plug to be used for the 42% HyperLITE.

WP.png WP 1.png

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Very nice, I bet those new pants would look great on my CAP too;). Might have to order some up from you!

I like the new assembly method of the F1, and the engine box floor looks really good too!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Another build thread, I'm in! GSN is sure getting a lot of build threads. I love it!

And for a biplane, what this hobby needs is a 100cc biplane kit that is reasonably easy to assemble at the field.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Jetpainter..you are correct about the ease to assemble..I won’t finalize a design on any biplane till I have a proof of concept on that. I think there would be more biplanes out there if it wasn't a pita at the field.
I am working on a few ideas for this concept.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Working on the motor box sides I started with the LH of TG1 and F1 then fastened these two together and then done same for RH sides TG2 and F2 (no glue yet). For some of the parts instead of using a smaller hammer to tap parts together I use a grip clamp to squeeze them together. In fact I rather use this over tapping them together if possible. Then once they were together I installed the assemble parts to the motor box sides

I used the grip clamps on the motor box of the big brother to this one and it does work very well

Last edited: