• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 75cc 106" HyperLITE Slick 540 by Fibertech N More

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
70cc 106” HyperLITE Slick 540 by Fibertech N More

When we introduced the 100cc 42% HyperLITE earlier this year I had lots of PM’s on if there was going to be a 35% version. So this is the going to be the proto build of the 35% HyperLITE. I’m going to be using a DA70cc for the Engine with stock exhaust on this one and Savox servo’s. To save some time in the future I am going to kind of do this build as a manual format so there will be a lot of pics of detail and some video. If you haven’t fallowed any of the past builds of the 42% there is one being done know by Bipenut here on GSN http://giantscalenews.com/threads/fibertech-hyperlite-slick-540-build-thread.1447/page-2#post-33027

Also one that Terry had done: http://giantscalenews.com/threads/fibertech-hyperlite-slick-sort-of-build-thread.157/

Brads from Canada: www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php

I also had one on the other side that I will be bringing over here soon

Specs:
Wing Span 106”
Wing Area 1999 sq.in.
Fuse Length to end of cowl 90.5”
Engine 50cc-85cc
Weight 17-19lbs
Materials:
Foam Core Balsa Sheeting
CNC Router cut parts
CNC cut Foam

Just a couple pics of the 42% to start with. The 35% will look the same just a bit smaller

Pic 42%.png Pic 42% 1.png Pic 42% 2.png

After removing all the CNC cut parts and some light sanding I started with the center portion of the engine box. I’ll build the engine box complete before any glue is used. As pic 2 shows I start with TG1 and F2C 3/32”Ply paying attention to each part position. The parts will fit very tight and will need to be forced together. This is to allow very good glue joint with CA You need some light tapping with a small hammer and block to force each tab in mating part. Again this tight fit is done on purpose for a good glue joint.

Untitled.png pic2EB1.png

Next will be the lower MB that has cut outs for throttle/choke servos.

EB2.png EB4.png EB5.png

Know the RH side of engine box.

EB6.png EB7.png EB8.png

Then the LH engine side in place

EB9.png

Attachments

• EB3.png
    EB3.png
    576.2 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Looks awesome, it appears that you and Terry are taking over the 3D kit market! what's the price point going to be on this plane? I am assuming it will be a short kit as well?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
LOL, It's all hobby for me but Rick is working hard at growing his business. Can't wait to see this come together and hope I get to see it fly this Spring!

popcorn.gif

tylerzx9r

100cc
At-a-boy Rick! Looks like I will have to add another plane build to my list! For all that hasn't seen one of Rick's planes in person, I assure you they are quality! He displayed one at our "FBI" event last year, Super awesome! This is one you should be checking out also!:big_yes:

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
OMG !!!!

Now I have to sell both Kidneys ....... :-(

This one and Terry ' s Viper

There's going to be a lot of kidney's on the market because I will have to do the same thing. I'm already building the 42%, I'm going to buy the Viper at the end of the month and now this one. At least I will have some kits to build. Keep'em coming guy's and what else is in the works, any biplanes?