• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

Dremel with a Roto-zip cutter works excellent. No sanding needed. If you get any chipping, just apply masking tape first.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Yeah, I love it too!

Hey, I hope you can bring your extra to the NJ FLI! James Rini, XSubsailor, you and I all have 30cc Extras. And Irg has an electric one (if he shows up). It would be quite an Extra-fest! :)

I should be able to make it but i might only be able to bring my 57 :( itll still be an extra-fest though! :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
I should be able to make it but i might only be able to bring my 57 :( itll still be an extra-fest though! :D

Hope you can Ashleigh! Be nice to meet you. I'm hoping my daughter takes a similar interest in RC in a few years.

njswede

150cc
It's been the World's slowest build, but now she's almost ready for her first engine start. If all goes well I may do the maiden this weekend!

IMAG0722.jpgIMAG0723.jpg

njswede

150cc
It looks like mine is going to come out a tad tail heavy. A heavy aluminum spinner may do the trick, but I'm still a bit worried. Anyone who can shed some light on this? Is it difficult to balance with a gasser in the nose? Did you have to add any weight? I went for the push-pull rudder (as per the recommendation in the manual). Should I have done pull/pull instead?

It looks like mine is going to come out a tad tail heavy. A heavy aluminum spinner may do the trick, but I'm still a bit worried. Anyone who can shed some light on this? Is it difficult to balance with a gasser in the nose? Did you have to add any weight? I went for the push-pull rudder (as per the recommendation in the manual). Should I have done pull/pull instead?

This plane balanced out perfectly for me with two different gas engines (both the DLE and the OS GT), and a push/pull rudder. This is the only plane I've built that only needed one click of trim on maiden. One. It was SPOT ON. No added weight or playing around needed. Have someone help you with a finger balance on it, and you'll be fine. This plane is so very forgiving for CG, the design must be so perfect. Stoops did an amazing job. Flies like a dream and the landings are super smooth. Watch the crosswind landings, especially if you have the SFG's on! It does have a tall cross section!

dskuro95

100cc
Where are you batteries mounted? I might come by on Saturday and maiden my 42" Slick.

njswede

150cc
Here you go. A bit of a rats nest right now. I'm still working on tidying up the wiring. I went with dual batteries through two separate redundant circuits and a dual pole breaker to a battery buffer. Probably MASSIVE overkill, but that's what I have. My plan is to put the batteries right behind the main wing spar.

IMAG0731.jpg