• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

with my dle the muffler is a hair from touching and i left it that way, been a few seasons with no problems, you can add washers to your standoffs but i would check you spinner gap first cause the cowl isnt really adjustable.

njswede

150cc
Just finished the rough cutting of the cowl and the verdict is that the PTE36R is a perfect drop-in replacement for the DLE30 in the 72" Extra. The spinner gap looks like it's going to be perfect with the stock standoffs! I'm a happy camper!

IMAG0635.jpgIMAG0636.jpg

njswede

150cc
Some dremel surgery of the fender washers needed to make them fit. But bigger washers are better, IMHO, so it's worth a little work with the cutting wheel.
IMAG0641-1.jpg

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
I did a test fit of my PTE36 on the Extra and it fits, but... The muffler gets REALLY close to the wood on the firewall. I'm going to add some fender washers between the firewall and the standoffs, but the distance between the muffler and the firewall is still going to be just a couple of mm. Is it a fire hazard? Do I need to get the compact muffler?

View attachment 5525

I love the look of that engine!

njswede

150cc
How do you all cut your cowls so nice?

Dremel. Rough cutting with a cut-off wheel and then a small sander wheel to make the edges smooth. In fact, if you look closely it doesn't look that great. I did it free hand, so it's not symmetrical.

njswede

150cc
I love the look of that engine!

Yeah, I love it too!

Hey, I hope you can bring your extra to the NJ FLI! James Rini, XSubsailor, you and I all have 30cc Extras. And Irg has an electric one (if he shows up). It would be quite an Extra-fest! :)