• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

njswede

150cc
+1 on the float factor on landings, this plane flies really light, doesn't it?

Yeah, I was a bit surprised how light it felt. I have a pretty hefty 36cc engine and dual 2300mAh batteries in it and it still felt really light. Good thing both my fields have a lot of runway and airspace for glide slope, because I'll need it before I'm comfortable harrier landing this thing!

Yeah, I was a bit surprised how light it felt. I have a pretty hefty 36cc engine and dual 2300mAh batteries in it and it still felt really light. Good thing both my fields have a lot of runway and airspace for glide slope, because I'll need it before I'm comfortable harrier landing this thing!

Me too! I found it also doesn't like crosswinds too much. I had a storm blow in and give me a full crosswind, probably about 15 mph constant. Had to land at about a 45 degree crab angle! Found out the hard way I like it without the SFG's on windy days. :facepalm:

njswede

150cc
Flew mine in 15mph sustained winds and 20-25mph gusts. Seriously, this thing just plows through winds like it wasn't even there! Man this is a stable plane!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks like I'll be joining this club (again) as I'm picking up a NIB R/W/B 72" at the FLI this weekend... Since Pontus is having so much fun with the one I sold him, I figured I'd messed up and better fix it quick!

Any ideas for a cool vinyl scheme or design I can make?

njswede

150cc
Today I got tired of breaking in my engine and did some light 3D flying. This thing locks into a hover like I can't believe! I think it's partly because this is the biggest plane I own, but it's really a huge difference from anything I've flown before. This is going to be great!

Of course I forgot to tighten the canopy screws to the canopy blew off and broke just as I was getting more comfortable with the plane. Five minute fix, so it's no big deal!

gyro

GSN Contributor
got my mine home today... going to start getting things together for the build:

For the engine, I'm acquired the EME35 that was giving Hone1er so many headaches...
For servos, it's looking like the brand new Savox SA-1258TGs --will confirm soon--
Electronics will be a TBM Powersystem 2 with IBEF, miracle switch, regulator, and 2600mah Li-Ion pack
RX will be a spektrum AR8000

Still trying to come up with a cool idea for some vinyl to make!

joshgluck

100cc
got my mine home today... going to start getting things together for the build:

For the engine, I'm acquired the EME35 that was giving Hone1er so many headaches...
For servos, it's looking like the brand new Savox SA-1258TGs --will confirm soon--
Electronics will be a TBM Powersystem 2 with IBEF, miracle switch, regulator, and 2600mah Li-Ion pack
RX will be a spektrum AR8000

Still trying to come up with a cool idea for some vinyl to make!

What happened to arriving on 5/20?!?! Pays to have friends I guess :p

Been talking to James about mine.. I'm going w the 1268sg on Lipos from a fromeco wolverine switch through a servo bus from servocity.com which seems like a really simple setup. No regulators needed.

I've got the 1258s on the vyper and they are great the 1268s on 7.4 look insane and with the discount code you get 15% off til 4/30. Since I'm planning on a dle35 I also picked up a standard Hv mg servo for the throttle, 0220sg I think.

Dle ordered today from valleyviewrc, servos coming Wednesday. Now it's just odds and ends

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Been talking to James about mine.. I'm going w the 1268sg on Lipos from a fromeco wolverine switch through a servo bus from servocity.com which seems like a really simple setup.

I've got the 1258s on the vyper and they are great the 1268s on 7.4 look insane and with the discount code you get 15% off til 4/30. Since I'm planning on a dle35 I also picked up a standard Hv mg servo for the throttle, 0220sg I think.

What do you think?

I think you're going to love it!