• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

joshgluck

100cc
I love it when a plan starts coming together ;-)

uploadfromtaptalk1366885675595.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
The fifth is up at the top.. Didn't want to spend that much for the throttle so I stepped it back a little to only 111.1oz torque ;-)

"only" :D

I think the key to a throttle servo is durability and ability to absorb vibrations... as long as it's a metal gear standard size servo, you're golden. Also, I've been removing the throttle springs on mine.

-G

joshgluck

100cc

I think the key to a throttle servo is durability and ability to absorb vibrations... as long as it's a metal gear standard size servo, you're golden. Also, I've been removing the throttle springs on mine.

-G

Ha, well it's the savox standard mg Hv servo so I'm hoping it's good.

Thanks for the info on the throttle spring. I had been following another thread that was going back and forth on remove or not.

Now if I could just get usps to deliver the box from servocity.com that has my power board. Frustrating.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2

-G

Leave the throttle spring on the shaft; you can unhook the tension if you want.....that's okay. You may want to leave it hooked up; if something happens to the throttle servo the spring may be able to return the throttle to idle setting. The spring tension has little effect on the servo or amps it draws.

The spring keeps the throttle shaft from moving side to side due to the vibration of the running engine. If the shaft starts moving the throttle butterfly plate will wear the carb venturi out of out of tolerance. Once that happens the butterfly plate won't be able to do its job; time for a new carburetor.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Leave the throttle spring on the shaft; you can unhook the tension if you want.....that's okay. You may want to leave it hooked up; if something happens to the throttle servo the spring may be able to return the throttle to idle setting. The spring tension has little effect on the servo or amps it draws.

The spring keeps the throttle shaft from moving side to side due to the vibration of the running engine. If the shaft starts moving the throttle butterfly plate will wear the carb venturi out of out of tolerance. Once that happens the butterfly plate won't be able to do its job; time for a new carburetor.

Let me clarify, that spring I removed was the idle spring. I think one of my engines might have the throttle sping removed. You can bet I'm going to double check now. Thanks Rex!

-G