• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

50cc Motor Box Question?

Bob

This is what I was referring to
Edge wing tip.JPG
. I read somewhere that somebody removed them and the plane handled better.

I don't have a weight for you. Sorry

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Interesting thought.
I have two planes so maybe I'll set up two sets of wings and try it both ways?

Let me know if you come up with a thread on where you read it.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
My only plane that has angle iron is my 3dhs 104 slick. The only plane I have that ever had motor box problems is my 3dhs 104 slick since it does not have locking tabs on the side of the motor box, just on top and bottom for the light ply. The angle iron eventually fatigued and cracked and shook the rest of the motor box loose. I got some thicker aluminum angle iron and added tri stock to the top and bottom and it has been rock solid since. All of my other planes use a completely tabbed motor box with tri stock. I think as long as you have a tab locking design you should be pretty good to go. Add tri stock if id doesn't have it already and maybe pin the motor box for some warm and fuzzies. Flying doesn't usually tear these things up, its the sudden stop.