• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

50cc Motor Box Question?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm thinking a good interlocking design would be pretty sturdy, though. Is this a common failure mode? I wonder what the situation is with the Redwing airframes, as they pretty much share designs with Aerobeez. Do they have braces?

Anyway, if you experts think braces are really crucial, I may mod my Slick, because I really like how it flies.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You "could" get away with it as is for quite sometime. Then again, a real good quick snap or a full on Alien Wall could launch your motor into the next county. Interlocking will most certainly prove beneficial. Even "pinning" the firewall will be an advantage. Aluminum bracing will not change the weight on the nose that much to really notice much of a difference. I love the way my Slick flies as well. I try new things with that plane and actually do some pretty mean stuff to it. Then I park it, and try that new stuff on my other airframes. I guess when the Slick falls outta the sky, that's a clear indication NOT to try that maneuver on my other planes. LOL.....

Last edited:

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
stangflyer

Let me know what you think when you pull your cowl.
Are both of you referring to AeroBeez Slicks?

Take care
Bob

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
stangflyer

Let me know what you think when you pull your cowl.
Are both of you referring to AeroBeez Slicks?

Take care
Bob
I pulled my cowl at the end of the season to change spark plug and do maintenance. Perfect condition with no stress indication

I just pinned my Aerobeez 50ccEdge with #2 button head screws and no problems that I see. One hard landing and multiple mid air stops (unintentional walls). :)

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Thanks Reeseman9

I've finally found someone that's flown the plane.

How long have you had it, and what do you think of it?
How is it at slow flight/high alpha stuff?

To me that's the foundation of most other freestyle/3D type things.

Take care
Bob

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
This motorbox isn't like most.
The top and sides go forward of the firewall.

The angles will/would need to mount in an unconventional way.

I'll see how things looks with linkages and the fuel line.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks Reeseman9

I've finally found someone that's flown the plane.

How long have you had it, and what do you think of it?
How is it at slow flight/high alpha stuff?

To me that's the foundation of most other freestyle/3D type things.

Take care
Bob
Couldn't agree more....If it's good in slow flight and will hold high alpha real well...especially in slow flight....it's a keeper.:way_to_go:

I've had it for several months and wish I was a better pilot to judge it. I have not gotten the high alpha thing down yet. When I do try it has some wing rock. Knife edge is easy as are general aerobatics. It's been holding up well to messed up snaps and such. I really like it but I don't have a whole lot of experience. It might be one to to take the speed tips off and it might be good. I'm lucky to get `em down in one piece. I like my 102" Wild Hare Edge better. I was hoping others would say what they thought about the Aerobeez 50cc Edge to give me an idea of what I'm seeing. Put it together and let me know.