Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by HRRC Flyer, May 11, 2016.

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

Poll closed Jun 1, 2016.
  1. YES, DEFINITELY

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. MAY BE INTERESTING

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO, TOO BORING

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joshet89

Joshet89 30cc

I am building a 50cc size. The plan for power is a DA-70, I haven't decided but am leaning towards a 2-1 header and a canister setup.

Attached Files:

49dimes, HRRC Flyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey @Joshet89,
    That DA will work just fine. . . . . :yesss:. A flying Buddy of mine is flying one with an older 3W78 on it and the plane will hover at just over 1/4 throttle. I'm just going to just put stock mufflers on my 3W70 and it will be just fine as well.

If you're able to sneak some time in the shop before #2 arrives (congratulations by the way). I'd be more than happy to share my thread with you if you want to post some updates.:big_yes:

3. HRRC Flyer

Well fellas,
    I got my box from AMR today and it wasn't supposed to get here until tomorrow. . . . . :dancing-chicken:. I'm going to leave it closed use it for motivation to get my barn cleaned out. I hope @Joshet89 stops by and posts more pictures of his Stick. Like I said before, I'm gong to need all the motivation I can get. . . . :laughing:

Joshet89, pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  4. Joshet89

Joshet89 30cc

Peer pressure... I like it!! "But mom, ALL the cool kids are building stiks!!" :D
    I am hoping next weekend to get everything sanded to 220 which would mean I will be ready for some color. The only thing I want to do is add some hardwood mounting points in the fuse for some float mounts. Not sure if floats would ever come to reality in my world but while I am here I might as well add it. I do have a few pics that I can throw up to keep us both motivated.

Sanding scallops :eek: Not sure how much this will change things aesthetically, however I hope it makes it a little easier to cover.
    IMG_6325.JPG
    I had to sand the wing saddle a little to get everything to sit nice and flush but it sure is a big plane on the bench that is for sure! I wanted to wait as long as possible to glue the wing tips on (the less chance of hangar rash before covering)
    IMG_6154.JPG

5. HRRC Flyer

Sweet pics @Joshet89. . . . . . . :yesss:. I see you went for the original version. Me, I cannot cover worth a damn so I got the version with the straight control surfaces and Ultrastick like tail. At the rate you're going, you are going to be finished with yours before I get my barn cleaned out. . . . . :big_yes:.

Capt Kurt and Jetpainter like this.