• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well,

I don't know whether or not my Buddy will make it home from the Eastern Shore by this evening or not. If he doesn't, there will be no progress on the AMR Stick tonight. . . . :frown:. If he does, there STILL may not be any progress on my Stick. I worked on my GP Giant Stick yesterday since it was too windy to fly and I want to finish it up tonight so I can maiden it this weekend. Heck, it's only been sitting 99% complete for the last year. . . . . :laughing:.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

As much as I hate to say it, my AMR Stick build is going back into hiding for the foreseeable future. Even though I haven't had allot of time to work on it lately, I have been thinking about it quite a bit. The problem is that thoughts I've been having are not good. The more I look at the wing I have started, the more I don't like it. There is also the looming fact that the fuselage is messed up too. What's making it worse is that my displeasure in what has been done so far has drained every bit of motivation I have to work on it. I didn't have a chance to go to my Buddies house yesterday evening, but I am going to stop by on Friday afternoon and gather everything together and take it back home so I don't take up his work table. At this point I am not sure what to do. Right now, I am going back and forth in my mind to either buy the parts I need to build a new fuse and a new wing half, buy a complete new kit and start over (which is the least likely thing to happen) or just scrap the whole thing. Maybe I will get back to it one day, maybe I won't. Right now, I just don't know.

All the support you guys have been giving me has been greatly appreciated. I would not have made it as far as I did without you. Thanks for that.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry to here that David, Are you sure the wing and fuse are not salvageable? I'd love to give you a hand, but since your 900 miles away, it makes it kinda tough.;)

Doug

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I appreciate the offer Doug, you and my other thread followers have already helped me more than you'll ever know. Right now my frustration is not allowing me to think with an open mind. I have probably close to 100 combined years of building experience at my disposal depending on which of my building friends shows up on a given night. All I have to do is ask any question I have. My biggest problem is that I am too anal for my own skill level. I know what to do, I just cannot do it and it is extremely frustrating. . . . . :very_angry: .

Like I said before, I just need to bring it home and put it away for a while. Probably around spring time, I will pull it back out and see how it goes. Either way I will start over with new fuselage and wing parts.

I will more than likely also start a new build thread and let this one end right here, but I will have to ponder that thought some more before I make up my mind. I will also keep my pictures that I posted in this thread to help remind me what not to do next time.

Now, don't you have an AWESOME new toy you should be playing with? If you're like me, you'd pull everything out of the boxes every night, just to play with the parts. . . . . :laughing:.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Now, don't you have an AWESOME new toy you should be playing with? If you're like me, you'd pull everything out of the boxes every night, just to play with the parts. . . . . :laughing:.
Tonight I am going to finish making sure everything is there and undamaged. It beats the heck out of watching election returns. :face-palm:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Wow,

Today was an AWESOME day and I didn't even get to go flying. . . . .:laughing:

I cannot believe it has been almost 11 months since I last posted in this thread. So much for getting back to it this past spring. Anyway, onward and upward. After going to the AMR website this morning to find out about getting replacement parts, I happened to check how much a new complete kit would cost me. I almost croaked when I saw $699.00. Anyway, I sent an email to Michel and asked him how much would it cost for a completely new fuselage kit and half of a wing kit. I was quite surprised when he responded, since today is Saturday. Michel said to let him check his schedule and he would get back to me.. He responded about half an hour later and said he would be able to get on it by the middle of next week. I emailed Michel back and asked him to send me an email telling me how much the replacement parts would cost, before he started cutting them. I figured since a complete kit was $699.00, it would not be worth getting the parts since Great Planes is coming out with a 96" wingspan Stick ARF later this year for less money. Michel's response to my last email was almost immediate and the response almost knocked me out of my chair. Even though I needed three quarters of a $699.00 kit, Michel said all materials and labor were on him and all I would have to pay was the shipping. I still can't hardly believe it.

With the resurrection of this thread, will come another change. I will not be building the kit at my Buddy's house like I was previously. Even though it was nice to get an immediate answer to any question, it will be nice to work on it any time I wanted and there would be fewer distractions. Therefore, I will be building my AMR Stick in my 10'x20' barn. The first problem I have is that I am only about half way through cleaning it out so I can use it and it's going to take me at least another couple of months to finish that task. The other problem is that since the barn is not heated, I will not be able to work on the plane when it gets too cold.

I will end this post by saying this. I cannot thank Michel at AMR enough for what he is doing for me. His generosity is overwhelming to me because I had every intention of paying for the parts I needed. It is refreshing to know there are still businesses out there in this hobby who still truly care about their customers. I just wish he was a bit closer so I could give him allot more business in the future.

I will be back again soon fellas.

Joshet89

50cc
I will end this post by saying this. I cannot thank Michel at AMR enough for what he is doing for me. His generosity is overwhelming to me because I had every intention of paying for the parts I needed. It is refreshing to know there are still businesses out there in this hobby who still truly care about their customers. I just wish he was a bit closer so I could give him allot more business in the future.

I will be back again soon fellas.

I will second this comment as well! I had a brain fart building the fuse and made 2 left sides and was in a similar spot and had the same experience where AMR sent me out the replacement parts for a very minimal cost!

Glad to see you jumping back into the project. My stik is still on the table but since I received my kit I have moved had child #1 and now #2 is on the way...needless to say life has gotten a little crazy. I am getting very close to covering, it is just a matter of getting all the pieces sanded. The only thing left to glue is the wing tips and then I should be ready to start putting some color on! Next time I am down in the shop I will try and remember to take some pics for motivation :D

Joshet89

50cc
Don't forget too that the AMR pricing is for Canadian dollars so getting one shipped to a customer in the US the exchange rate will be in our favor. I think at the current rate its close to $140 difference.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I will second this comment as well! I had a brain fart building the fuse and made 2 left sides and was in a similar spot and had the same experience where AMR sent me out the replacement parts for a very minimal cost!

Glad to see you jumping back into the project. My stik is still on the table but since I received my kit I have moved had child #1 and now #2 is on the way...needless to say life has gotten a little crazy. I am getting very close to covering, it is just a matter of getting all the pieces sanded. The only thing left to glue is the wing tips and then I should be ready to start putting some color on! Next time I am down in the shop I will try and remember to take some pics for motivation :D

Hey @Joshet89,

Is your Stick the 50cc version too? What engine are you going to use?

You can post as many pictures in this thread as you'd like. After the weekend I've had, I can use all the motivation I can get. . . . . . . :doh!:

Don't forget too that the AMR pricing is for Canadian dollars so getting one shipped to a customer in the US the exchange rate will be in our favor. I think at the current rate its close to $140 difference.

You know, I thought something wasn't quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Of course you are absolutely correct, the exchange rate is the answer. ;)