• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joshet89

50cc
Scallops are done! Man if I never have to do those again I'd be happy :D All the control surfaces are covered and just on to getting the wings and fuse covered. I did get a lot of initial practice covering the scallops on the elevators because I didn't mark what color needed to be on which side of the surface :mad:. After marking everything and doing all 6 surfaces with the scallops in a sort of assembly line they ended up going pretty quick.
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Scallops are done! Man if I never have to do those again I'd be happy :D All the control surfaces are covered and just on to getting the wings and fuse covered. I did get a lot of initial practice covering the scallops on the elevators because I didn't mark what color needed to be on which side of the surface :mad:. After marking everything and doing all 6 surfaces with the scallops in a sort of assembly line they ended up going pretty quick.
View attachment 105203 View attachment 105204 View attachment 105205

Yes, but beautifully done.

Joshet89

50cc
3 days off? Man I am not sure what that looks like!! I spent some time with the family out at the model field and starting to build some hours towards my PPL, buuuuuut I was able to get a bit more color on this past weekend :D A few bubbles to clean up on the horizontal stab but overall came out pretty nice. That stab is for sure unlike anything else I have covered before. Next will be the fuse...sure is more and more motivating by the day!

image1 (3).jpeg

Joshet89

50cc
Got a few hours this past weekend to get some covering on the fuse. I have been making cardboard cutouts of all of the swoops and points and that has made things go a lot easier. Hoping tomorrow on my day off I'll be able to get the rest of the blue on in between the kids naps!
IMG_7533.JPG
White base covering is my favorite, it is so fresh and clean
IMG_7536.JPG
setting up this old island top on saw horses has been great to work on in addition to my bench, I can cut and lay out pieces of covering and then just move over to the bench with the hot iron and fuse.
IMG_7537.JPG

The tail looks so much better with no more wood!
IMG_7538.JPG

Once I lay the yellow accent pieces down they are really going to pop with the rest!
IMG_5437.JPG

So thankful I am covering in my new shop compared to the garage shop at my old place that I started this whole project in!!