• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Extra 300 EXP

I have experience something like what you question. It acts like a gas engine starved for gas, revs up-dies off etc. I have found the problem to be a weak battery. Either it is worn out or the C rating is too low. Try a newer battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well I got to maiden it today and all I can say is WOW MAN WOW. This little sucker fly's freaking awesome, couldn't be happier.
Think I am going to get it's big brother the 78" version.

My only thing now is the pulsating motor. Still doing it. [MENTION=63]hoosier37[/MENTION] I running new CHNL 4S 30C 2700'S. Should be good to go on that right?
I had cycled them twice before the maiden.

That should be OK. What motor, esc combo do you have? Is it the EF torque set up? If the battery is new that should have solved the problem as that is what solved mine. You might have another issue to deal with???

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes it is the stock recommended setup from EF. If I can't sort it out I will swap it out for a Motrolfly Motor and a ZTW GECKO 65A ESC with 8A SBEC.

Lost It

New to GSN!
Yes it is the stock recommended setup from EF. If I can't sort it out I will swap it out for a Motrolfly Motor and a ZTW GECKO 65A ESC with 8A SBEC.

I would swap out the ESC first before buying the MF. The Torque is a great motor I've got (2) 2814's & (2) 4016's all running on the Gekos. I like the extra capacity of the ECS and the adjustable SBEC. I run 65's and 85's.
Just my $.02