• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Extra 300 EXP

Lost It

New to GSN!
Wouldn't it be better to keep them all digital. So maybe run the HS-5065MG in place of the 65mg's plus the digi's are 11.91 grams vs 12.47 on the 65mg's. Torque is the same on each @ 6V. Speed on the 65mg is 0.11 sec @ 60 deg...5065MG is 0.11 doesn't say if it's at 60 deg or not...both at 6V. So when you say comparable those may work? Or does it matter if you mix digital with analog on a spektrum setup?

LOL isn't learning fun... :)

Bush, You're (and your son is) going to love this plane! There's a reason everybody says its the best 48" plane ever. I can agree. I have the Extra and the MXS but prefer the Extra. Speaking of servos, I'm using the 5065 MG all around except for the elevator and a 5085 MG there. In the newer planes the servo cutout is larger for the elevator servo (micro not sub micro). I'm also using the Torque motor and a 12x6 APC , Glacier 4s 2200 batteries. I just ordered the 60" Extra too.
Reach out here with ANY questions, there's many happy EF owners here glad to help.
Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I recommend a 4s battery closer to 2650mAh These EXPs still feel very floaty with that size and also have enough inertia to carry through on tunnels as well as give stability in long lines. You also get better flight times :)