• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Hmmm....... I only flew the aeroworks 150cc bipe and the 51 slick. The bipe was awesme to fly , but seemed a bit easy to hover. The slick was not very fun. Lots of rudder needed for KE and it seemed a bit underpowered, pop-tops were lame. It was also extremely hard to hover.

ryan_m

100cc
A properly powered 51" Slick will do awesome pop tops.
Also quite easy to hover in my opinion...
waterfalls are awesome on a 51, as are tumbles and especially elevators if you like those. It will drop straight down inverted.

waterfalls are awesome on a 51, as are tumbles and especially elevators if you like those. It will drop straight down inverted.

He is talking about RealFlight.

RCAddict, the general consensus on the Slick that comes with RealFlight (in one of the expansions) is that it's a total piece of crap. Almost nobody I know of flies any of the models that come with Realflight.

The beauty of RealFlight is that users can create their own planes from the ground up. If you end up getting the sim, come back and ask about it and I or someone else will get you some better models.

SnowDog

He is talking about RealFlight.

RCAddict, the general consensus on the Slick that comes with RealFlight (in one of the expansions) is that it's a total piece of crap. Almost nobody I know of flies any of the models that come with Realflight.

The beauty of RealFlight is that users can create their own planes from the ground up. If you end up getting the sim, come back and ask about it and I or someone else will get you some better models.

Tominator has done some excellent RealFlight models; I would venture a guess that everyone on this forum is flying his models on RF 6 instead of the stock ones.
Check the RF models thread to get these models, Tom has graciously posted them here so we can find them easily.

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?244-RealFlight-6-Models&p=2699&viewfull=1#post2699

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Yeah I know about that thread. Ill download those planes when I get RF in a month. The aeroworks bipe did fly nicely though.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Hey guys I think I ordered the wrong EPP. Do most people use #1.3? Because I have #1.9 and its not durable at all. :( maiden flight of the 3D foamy and the my thumbs were out of practice, so I rolled it right into the ground :( crack yak would have no damage but my whole tip of the wing past the CF spar ripped off when the SFG hit :(

Hey guys I think I ordered the wrong EPP. Do most people use #1.3? Because I have #1.9 and its not durable at all. :( maiden flight of the 3D foamy and the my thumbs were out of practice, so I rolled it right into the ground :( crack yak would have no damage but my whole tip of the wing past the CF spar ripped off when the SFG hit :(

Not Sure Cullen, I'm sorry... :(