• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I should've seen that one coming! :p I wonder if this will take a DA60 nicely.....

jim said it'd work great with a 50cc, or be simply nuts with a 60cc.

Probably similar to the way the Velox desgin that allows for both 20/30cc motors?

Will the new DA-70 or DLE-60 twins fit inside the cowling? Canister tunnel?

I don't think the DLE-60 twin will fit, as during their testing at ValleyView RC, it wouldn't fit entirely within the 89" Slick cowl, and we all know that plane has a nice fat fuse!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be off topic a little but i think theres a chance it might work on the 92. I am doing the twin 60 in my 89 and it fits pretty good besides cutting the exhaust exit holes I only had to cut a small hole to make clearance for one plug wire. If the fuse of the 92 is 1/4" wider then the 89 it will fit with no cuts

I'm trying to post a pic. I'm on an iPhone and its not easy lol
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sorry to be off topic a little but i think theres a chance it might work on the 92. I am doing the twin 60 in my 89 and it fits pretty good besides cutting the exhaust exit holes I only had to cut a small hole to make clearance for one plug wire. If the fuse of the 92 is 1/4" wider then the 89 it will fit with no cuts

I'm trying to post a pic. I'm on an iPhone and its not easy lol
View attachment 3168
View attachment 3169
View attachment 3170

Well then, that 1/4" might be a game changer!

B

Blucor Basher

Glad to see you guys like it so far.

First off thanks to Scott for his work on the whole Edge lineup. As most of you know, we've been refining the Edges for several years now. Everyone has been enjoying the latest generation 30CC Edge so it was natural to do the 50-60CC.

We are incorporating the two piece cowl and including all the wingtip options. Other technical details will be very similar to the 89" Slick and 87" Extra.

We're not doing anything specific to make this plane compatible with twins, because that's a very small percentage of the market. We expect 99.9% of them will have either DA-60 or DLE-55.

Because we have done Edges before, there are not many details to work out here, so we expect production to come pretty soon. As always, the designer does need to be perfectly happy with his creation, but we expect few issues.

Thanks for the enthusiasm!