• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS 103" Extra 330SC Re-Build Log

thurmma

150cc
Well it has been a long time since I posted anything. I only have one picture tonight, but it was a very productive night. Finished up with the white on the fuselage and have the rudder done except for the yellow on the other side. After that it is to put the blue and yellow on the sides and setup the wings and elevators. Getting closer now that some things have settled down around the homestead :) I have put Frank Bowman rings in the 3W 106 and replaced the carb and reed blocks with the aluminum versions. Also picked up a pair of PEFA canisters, just looking for headers now. I may run the stock mufflers if I get a chance to fly it in a couple of weeks. Weather looks to be in the 50's here on Sunday, so will probably take the Edge and go fly for a while :)

rudder.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well it has been a long time since I posted anything. I only have one picture tonight, but it was a very productive night. Finished up with the white on the fuselage and have the rudder done except for the yellow on the other side. After that it is to put the blue and yellow on the sides and setup the wings and elevators. Getting closer now that some things have settled down around the homestead :) I have put Frank Bowman rings in the 3W 106 and replaced the carb and reed blocks with the aluminum versions. Also picked up a pair of PEFA canisters, just looking for headers now. I may run the stock mufflers if I get a chance to fly it in a couple of weeks. Weather looks to be in the 50's here on Sunday, so will probably take the Edge and go fly for a while :)

View attachment 8969
Very nice Mark.... Really like the colors.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Cool.... I'm sure it is going to look stunning when you're done with it. One thing to be said for cut to the bone cold wind, and drenching heavy snow that turns to rain.... It allows for many hours of BUILDING! :laughing:

thurmma

150cc
Cool.... I'm sure it is going to look stunning when you're done with it. One thing to be said for cut to the bone cold wind, and drenching heavy snow that turns to rain.... It allows for many hours of BUILDING! :laughing:
I wish we had the snow :) I grew up in Northern Minnesota and miss the snow.