• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS 103" Extra 330SC Re-Build Log

thurmma

150cc
I did manage to get the old rudder hinges drilled out and then ended up drilling fresh holes anyway because the old holes were to loose and not lined up the way I wanted them to be. Just need to do a little sanding and then cover the rudder, the fuse and glue the rudder back on. Hoping to be in Tulsa tomorrow, so probably no more updates until next week sometime. Hoping the new landing gear will be here today from TNT Landing Gear.

rudder.jpg

Last edited:

thurmma

150cc
I know, it has been more than a week since the last update. The end of summer is VERY BUSY for me, so finding time to head to the garage is hard to do.

I did make it out last night and managed to get the Pearl Blue Ultracote on the bottom of the fuselage done
icon_smile.gif
The rest shouldn't be to bad to finish. Mainly a white strip down the sides and then lay some Pearl Blue over the top to finish the original design. Hope to do some more tomorrow night, keeping score tonight
icon_smile.gif
the plane budget is getting skimpy and have to replenish it!

20141029_001657.jpg 20141029_001706.jpg 20141029_001714.jpg 20141029_001743.jpg

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Pretty color Mark.... Royal Blue has always been a favorite for me. Did the landing gear make it from TNT?

thurmma

150cc
Yes, the landing gear is from TNT
icon_smile.gif
Nice gear. I may paint it to match the Pearl Blue. Still undecided. If I don't paint it and it gets a scratch no big deal. If I do paint it and it gets a scratch, major deal
icon_smile.gif
decisions, decisions.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Myself I like painted gear, gives  nice scale appearance and ties plane together, couple heavy coats of industrial/ auto enamel clear will keep the scratches away for the most part.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
thurmma said
Yes, the landing gear is from TNT
icon_smile.gif
Nice gear. I may paint it to match the Pearl Blue. Still undecided. If I don't paint it and it gets a scratch no big deal. If I do paint it and it gets a scratch, major deal
icon_smile.gif
decisions, decisions.
Paint them up Mark... Save some touch up for later on..... Do it...you know you want to. LOL