• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS 103" Extra 330SC Re-Build Log

thurmma

150cc
Damn....that is "niiiice"! Feels good to get something accomplished, sit back and admire it and realize there is a huge grin on your face huh?
Thank you Rob. Yes there is! Now to get the new horizontals and wings setup. I couldn't see putting the time and money in stripping the old wings and horizontals when for 109 each on the wings and 35.99 each for the horizontals, I can have brand new, I just bought the new ones. Now I will have a set of wings and horizontals that I can setup for 3D and another for IMAC :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thank you Rob. Yes there is! Now to get the new horizontals and wings setup. I couldn't see putting the time and money in stripping the old wings and horizontals when for 109 each on the wings and 35.99 each for the horizontals, I can have brand new, I just bought the new ones. Now I will have a set of wings and horizontals that I can setup for 3D and another for IMAC :)
Oh yeah.....smart way to think. Bet you are all jacked up wanting to fly it huh?

thurmma

150cc
Can't wait!!! I took the Edge out and put 4 flights on it today and felt bad for not staying home and working on the plane. I will have all day tomorrow though. The wind is going to kick to about 25 if I remember correctly, which is why I went flying today :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Can't wait!!! I took the Edge out and put 4 flights on it today and felt bad for not staying home and working on the plane. I will have all day tomorrow though. The wind is going to kick to about 25 if I remember correctly, which is why I went flying today :)
Make sure you posts videos of the flight. Would be cool to see it.

thurmma

150cc
Horizontals are glued :)

20150125_215913.jpg

thurmma

150cc
Making major headway the last couple of nights. Finally got the servos matched in the wings. They are now done. Finished the elevators and rudder tonight along with mounting the engine. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is getting brighter FAST :)
20150131_010556.jpg