• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Maidened my 300SHP today. Omega 130 on 14x7 on 3s 2200. Rocket ship on take off! Got some pop tops, a blender some high hovers and harrier. Shot 3 landings and one hover out my hand. Came in a little hot. Pretty brave for a maiden. SOOO pumped. I cant wait to dial it in. I cant wait to dial more throw and get more comfy!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maidened my 300SHP today. Omega 130 on 14x7 on 3s 2200. Rocket ship on take off! Got some pop tops, a blender some high hovers and harrier. Shot 3 landings and one hover out my hand. Came in a little hot. Pretty brave for a maiden. SOOO pumped. I cant wait to dial it in. I cant wait to dial more throw and get more comfy!

That's so awesome! It's a great airplane, so stable!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
It is a DX-8. I am using Savox Sh-257 and a HS-85 on the elevator. I am at 150% on my throws. It os a short arm but all I had. I am only getting about 30-40 deg ow elevator. I am also running the 14x7 prop. It just shoots up so fast I am a little uncomfortable hovering it. Almost too much power. Only 2 packs through it so plenty of tunning to do. Cg is still a tad nose heavy. Getting close.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
It is a DX-8. I am using Savox Sh-257 and a HS-85 on the elevator. I am at 150% on my throws. It os a short arm but all I had. I am only getting about 30-40 deg ow elevator. I am also running the 14x7 prop. It just shoots up so fast I am a little uncomfortable hovering it. Almost too much power. Only 2 packs through it so plenty of tunning to do. Cg is still a tad nose heavy. Getting close.
I had the same problem, it lacked up elevator, I was only getting about 50 deg. I left a gap when I replaced my elevator when the motor blew apart, now getting almost 70 degrees, makes a huge difference. I assume it's because of the downthrust, but it needs more up elevator than it was designed for, and I get more travel down than I do up

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gonzo, I have an arm that would work with your HS-85. Let me know if you end up needing one.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Thanks Gyro. I am going to hunt around tonight and see what I can come up with. I need more throw for sure. Need to learn how to set up my throttle for better modulation. I believe my endpoints are correct. Any tips or reference would be great. I am going to seal my hinge gaps tonight. I almost doinked it getting cockey in a knife edge pass. Too much fun!

Maxx27

New to GSN!
I have a new 47" SHP coming this week from 3DHS. I will be running a Omega 130g motor with 3s 2200 batteries. Any suggestions on the rudder servo placement with this set-up? Pull/pull or in the tail?

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Tail. It will ballance out nice. Plus simpler set up. I am thinking the 103 would be perfect. The 130 is fun!