• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

Av8r RC

50cc
Oh also. Seal your hinge gaps.

I originally had the 103 in there and all was dandy. But as soon as I threw the 130 in there I was getting flutter on the ailerons on the WOT passes.

Of course check which rudder servo spot gives you the best cg. Right now I have mine in the pull-pull spot with some 2200 3s's against the wing tube it feels pretty good, but I have zero room to move the cg back any further.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I will seal up the gaps for sure. I am putting the servo in the tail. It is V3 so thats the spot. Just wondering how the wheel pants are in grass? Other than that long as my repair job holds I should be good to go.

SnowDog

I will seal up the gaps for sure. I am putting the servo in the tail. It is V3 so thats the spot. Just wondering how the wheel pants are in grass? Other than that long as my repair job holds I should be good to go.

My experience suggests that you should leave the wheel pants off if you are flying in grass. :D

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Thanks, I guess it is kind of obvious. I never have flown with pants on. It is usually camo cargo shorts. whaaa whaaaaaa!

Last edited by a moderator:

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Bad day for my SHP. Torque rolling a few feet off the ground, and I see the prop fly off(with the casing for the motor), and my shp fall straight on it's tail. The main shaft in my Omega 130 broke off. Repairable, but it sucks having to patch up a brand new plane. The elevator was knocked out of the fuse, counter balance was broken on one side of the elevator, and one aileron is smashed. Luckily the rudder was slightly deflected, so it fully deflected when it hit the ground and doesn't have a scratch on it. I'm going to replace the rudder and elevator servo to be on the safe side. I don't know what's up with every single one of my planes having mechanical issues and crapping out on me, back to nothing flying :cursing:

omega.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jmart95

70cc twin V2
good luck with the repairs, post a few pics of how you do it :D
It's all very simple, gonna leave the horizontal stab as it has some of the sheeting from the fuse still attached, and use a new elevator(I could still use the old one, but don't want to look at a patch on an essentially brand new plane), and I should be able to go in from the bottom of the aileron and place it all back together without looking repaired.
Until then though I have full reign over my dads 64 mxs and yak exp, so things are looking up a bit now :)

Bad day for my SHP. Torque rolling a few feet off the ground, and I see the prop fly off(with the casing for the motor), and my shp fall straight on it's tail. The main shaft in my Omega 130 broke off. Repairable, but it sucks having to patch up a brand new plane. The elevator was knocked out of the fuse, counter balance was broken on one side of the elevator, and one aileron is smashed. Luckily the rudder was slightly deflected, so it fully deflected when it hit the ground and doesn't have a scratch on it. I'm going to replace the rudder and elevator servo to be on the safe side. I don't know what's up with every single one of my planes having mechanical issues and crapping out on me, back to nothing flying :cursing:

View attachment 10485

Same thing always happens to me about this time of year - all out of planes! Well almost - Vyper 65 is keeping me sane till the new 71 in Slick arrives, among others.

:banana: