• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

gyro

GSN Contributor
Finished my shp build and got a chance to see how she does last sunday. This plane will harrier all day. I love the slow flight but was wondering what this bird would be like with a little more power. I am using the rec. Set up omega 103 with a thunderbird 54 amp esc. I am using 3c 2800 30c lipos. Like i said i love this plane but wanted to see what someone elses thoughts were on upping the motor to the omega 130. I would be using same esc . I was also thinking about just swaping the esc. With one that will run a 4c lipo. I just want a little more power as i like to have that instant punch if needed when in trouble. thanks,eric

Eric, this plane was updated in the v4 version to accept both the 130 and the 103 power plants. You might need to move the rudder servo to the tail for balance with the 130. I've heard good things about the power with that motor. Good luck!

-G

scarface

50cc
Finished my shp build and got a chance to see how she does last sunday. This plane will harrier all day. I love the slow flight but was wondering what this bird would be like with a little more power. I am using the rec. Set up omega 103 with a thunderbird 54 amp esc. and xoar 13x6.5 prop.I am using 3c 2800 30c lipos. Like i said i love this plane but wanted to see what someone elses thoughts were on upping the motor to the omega 130. I would be using same esc . I was also thinking about just swaping the esc. With one that will run a 4c lipo. I just want a little more power as i like to have that instant punch if needed when in trouble. thanks,eric
I think most people use the 130g. I had a 130g with pull/pull rudder and loved it (if you use 3 cell 2200mah your battery will be about center of the battery tray), so upgrade to 130g and you will be much happier. I was running a hacker x-55 esc so I think your 54 amp esc will be fine. Keep your plane running 3 cell lipo. I was running 2200mah, I think 2800mah is on the heavier side. I used a 14x7 with the 130g just because I liked the feel better than the 13x6.5 but that's just me.

Chuck

New to GSN!
I need a wing tube for a V1/V2 and there are none available. Anyone know if a V3 or V4 will work?

Thanks,

Chuck

gyro

GSN Contributor
anyone out there feel like doing a mini-review with some pictures on this plane? We're offering one set of 3DRCForums vinyl as a thank you for doing the review.
Please PM me for an format guide if you are interested!

-G

Eagle34

50cc
anyone out there feel like doing a mini-review with some pictures on this plane? We're offering one set of 3DRCForums vinyl as a thank you for doing the review.
Please PM me for an format guide if you are interested!

-G

I've got one NIB that is on my build list, but I don't get home till middle of Dec.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm surprised I don't see more talk about this airplane, I know there are tons of them out there! This was one of the smoothest planes I owned in this size!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Alright, getting my 2nd hand ZHP (Zombie high performance) back from the dead. What are the slow speed characteristics to watch out for? Using the Omega 130G and 3 Savox SH-257"s with either a 255 on elevator or somthing I have laying around (hs-81mg or 85mg). looking forward to getting it up in the next few days.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Alright, getting my 2nd hand ZHP (Zombie high performance) back from the dead. What are the slow speed characteristics to watch out for? Using the Omega 130G and 3 Savox SH-257"s with either a 255 on elevator or somthing I have laying around (hs-81mg or 85mg). looking forward to getting it up in the next few days.

Very docile at slow speeds, good harrier, very stable. If you have the v3 then you'll need the 85mg to help balance the omega 130. If you have the v4, then it's ready for the omega 130 out of the gate :)