• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

36% PAU Edge 540T

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am very close to pulling the trigger on my PAU Edge. I can't decide on the single seat or 2-seat version. Anyone fly or seen them both fly. I am thinking the T would have the "edge" on KE work but I think I would see the yellow color scheme better. That is what I saw fly with Herve.

Last edited:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Seen both of them fly. Needless to say, they are both amazing aircraft to say the least. I think the single is just as capable as the two seater when it comes to aerobatics. But then, I can't say with certainty as I have never flown either one myself. I just love the singles. No matter what airframe it is.
Thanks. Stephan flew Herve's single that I saw and wow could he ever fly and wow did the plane ever respond.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The two seated is a few grams heavier from a larger canopy, and has a little more side area for knife edge.
It mostly comes down to aesthetic preference of shape and color. The fly very similar.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So I have 5 Savox 1270TG servos already and probably going to stay on HV so they are 486 oz-in. Is that okay for the rudder? Being I need to get 2 more I could get something different for the rudder.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
I have had a few of these Edges and I have the 100cc Extra as well. I have always used a single 8711 on pull-pull and been very happy. Simple to set up and has always withstood the abuse of MUCH better pilots than myself (although it seems I usually have to give the pull-pull cables a little tightening after a few Gabby flights!!) :)

Astro

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So I have 5 Savox 1270TG servos already and probably going to stay on HV so they are 486 oz-in. Is that okay for the rudder? Being I need to get 2 more I could get something different for the rudder.

Two 486 oz. are plenty for a 35%'er. I think you will be amazed at how torque'y it will be.
Another question on the rudder for the 540; what is the preferred rudder setup, pull-pull or push-pull?

Last edited:

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I use pull pull. Gaby used to set everything up with push pull, but his current 100cc Edge 540 single seat is set up with the stock pull-pull. He also flew mine at last year's XFC with pull-pull.
With two servos in the tail, if they are perfectly matched in programming, push-pull works great; but very few people seem to get the perfect matching.
A single servo push-pull is mechanically not very sound: the servo is essentially trying to de-hinge the rudder every time it pushes...

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Guys one thing I have found is I think the slip at the crimp more than stretch. After I started using the Secraft cable tensioners I have not had to re-tighten that often. So easy to set up too.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Guys one thing I have found is I think the slip at the crimp more than stretch. After I started using the Secraft cable tensioners I have not had to re-tighten that often. So easy to set up too.
True on the slip...but haven't noticed any slip. I do have one setup with the pull-pull....I may have to give that Secraft setup a try. :way_to_go: