• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Thanks, but really was thinking that the joint (beneath the paint) might show some stress cracking over time....which might lead to the paint doing the same thing. This plane is pretty much all fiberglass & gelcoat. It will get an automotive base/clear system.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and looking forward to a great new year!

Been working a little on the Krill. Got it on the rotisserie.....makes sanding/prep/paint WAY easier. Will have more progress pics soon.

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=02KJD0x1lBvSvVTk&u=/watch?v=9ZkxF7hukKg&feature=em-share_video_user

20181229_154803.jpg
20181229_155423.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Working on the fuse....simulating the panel joints and fabric covered areas below the turtledeck. Using 2-part Bondo to get a raised edge for panel overlaps. Applying it in 2 very thin coats to build an edge about the thickness of a plastic hotel room keycard. The most difficult area was the various panels around the horizontal and vertical stabs.
20181231_163922.jpg
The brown areas below the turtledeck is fabric covered on the real bird. I sanded off most of the gel coat here. Pink-It 3/4" pinking tape will be applied along the turtledeck lap joint (cut to 3/8" width), and the white gel coat strip down the center and along the bottom corner radius (full width).
20181231_141435.jpg

Now.....gotta get the other side done and glue on the pinking tape!

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok how do you become eligible to show up at top gun. Do show up and they look at the plane and yes or no, or do send pictures and then they decide. How does it work.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok how do you become eligible to show up at top gun. Do show up and they look at the plane and yes or no, or do send pictures and then they decide. How does it work.
You have to be somewhere Frank Tiano or one of his associates are and get noticed, then if Frank likes your model he will invite you.