• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
More progress.....picked up some 3/32 sheeting.
DSC05033.JPG DSC05034.JPG
Now on to the outer section of the same wing.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Outer wing coming along. Cleaned up the jagged sheeting. Re-enforced the spar extensions with square balsa stock. Glued in a LE support and one nose rib. Used the old tip rib to pattern a new one and glued that in pace. Now I can tape some string from that tip rib back to the existing sheeting and ribs . That will help me define the shape of the missing ribs.
DSC05037.JPG DSC05038.JPG DSC05039.JPG

APopp

New to GSN!
Outer wing coming along. Cleaned up the jagged sheeting. Re-enforced the spar extensions with square balsa stock. Glued in a LE support and one nose rib. Used the old tip rib to pattern a new one and glued that in pace. Now I can tape some string from that tip rib back to the existing sheeting and ribs . That will help me define the shape of the missing ribs.
View attachment 48091 View attachment 48092 View attachment 48093
Ok I see now thanks Earl.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Just take your time, measure carefully and eyeball it looking at various lines. Sand, file or cut until you get it right BEFORE gluing on any sheeting.

You can sand away some high spots and fill low ones to some extent...but you really want to minimize as much of that as you can.

BTW...welcome to GSN!!!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Making up missing ribs.....I tacked some string in a few places so I can see the contour of the wing where the missing ribs go. Take some measurements and cut out some card stock templates. Make them as accurate as you can and sight down the strings to verify their outlines. This will help make your balsa ribs right the first time!

I only tacked the string on one side of the wing....since it's symmetrical it's pretty easy to get the "other" side correct. Of course, sight down the wing to verify this as well.
DSC05040.JPG DSC05041.JPG DSC05042.JPG DSC05043.JPG

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
New ribs cut, glued and sanded to final contour. Glued in a couple of stringers forward of the spar. Ready for some sheeting, which is only from the spar to the leading edge. Rear bays remain open.
DSC05044.JPG DSC05045.JPG

This wing is just about done and ready to recover. Left wing still to go, but WAY less work than this one!

Time to get my butt in gear and get the servos sent out, order some Ultracote, Robart hinge points , etc.