• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

I wish that manufacturers would make wing adjusters and stab adjuster like I have in my pattern planes. Would make setting up alit better and easier.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
So....here's why it will be hard for me to undo the +1 degree change in the stab incidence. The Krill stab butts up against the fuse, but on the full scale there is a nice form-fitting panel covering that joint, on the top of the stab.
DSC00773 copy.jpg DSC00775 copy.jpg
I will be replicating all the panels and screws for this project and wanted to do something with this area for better scale realism.

With the new incidence set, I protected the top of the stab with stick-n-seal wrapping to keep the epoxy from adhering to it. Then laid a fillet of Hysol against the fuse. Once that set up, I laid in a strip of 6oz FG cloth with thinned epoxy. After curing there was the obligatory fill, sand, fill and sand to smooth it all out against the fuse. Then trim to final shape and that part of the "form-fitting" panel is done. With the addition of panel lines and screw heads the illusion will work OK I think. The last pic shows the lines drawn on with a Sharpie.
DSC02826LR.jpg DSC02828LR.jpg DSC02829LR.jpg DSC02833LR.jpg DSC02834LR with lines.jpg