• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 Wenatchee Huckfest Videos

AKfreak

150cc
Great service indeed! SnowDog rocks! Hopefully I won't screw up anymore when I post threads lol.

As for the kit, it's top secret but since you asked:

Main camera: Panasonic HC-X900M (now just over a year old and therefore obsolete. It has been replaced in the line up by the HC-X920)

Backup camera: Panasonic TM-900 (a couple years old but still awesome)

Microphone: Rode VideoMic with a Deadcat to reduce/eliminate wind noise. I hate hearing wind noise in videos!

Software: Pinnacle Studio Ultimate. Not bad but is prone to crashing and doesn't like huge files with lots of titles, transitions and special effects. I've purchased Cyberlink Power Director but I haven't had time to use it at all. It isn't as intuitive as I'd hoped for and I'll be playing with it when I get the time. Looks awesome. If I was really serious about this I'd get a Mac and Adobe.

Multirotor: QAV500 from GetFPV with a Zenmuse gimbal and GoPro3 Black Edition. 4s 5000mAh. Wicked awesome setup. Flown with a Futaba 8FG.

Backup Multirotor: DJI Phantom with a Zenmuse gimbal using the same GoPro. Flown with the Futaba 8FG.

FPV gear is from ReadyMade RC

I fly my 3D and scale planes with a JR9503 and my FPV planes and multirotors with the Futaba (largely because of the S.bus feature and better range if I'm flying on 2.4)

I'd probably switch everything over to Futaba but I'm too heavily invested in Spectrum and JR DSMX receivers (about 30 of them) so my next radio will probably be a DX18 now that JR is no longer in the DSMX game. They sure pooched that up! The JR guys who put the original deal together to licence the Spektrum technology should be shot for not seeing the dilemma it put us loyal customers in when the licencing deal wasn't renewed. I wouldn't feel that way if I didn't have so many DSMX receivers but I can't afford to start over again with DMSS receivers.

So there, I dropped my pants and have no more secrets (well, almost) lol.

Happy flying!

Cheers,

Bob

View attachment 28339

Thanks for the info. Nice gear you have there. Video work is to hard for me to do it by myself. I only do it when I have the right crew. I have a nice kit, but it is not an Inde setup. Take care, T

Thanks for the info. Nice gear you have there. Video work is to hard for me to do it by myself. I only do it when I have the right crew. I have a nice kit, but it is not an Inde setup. Take care, T

I know what you mean Tom, my stuff is all "over the counter consumer level" and while I'd love to get some better equipment, I'd rather spend the money on planes :)
We have to make do with what we have.

Joe's Jet Drop

This is something that's just a little bit different. It's a Yak 100 (EP) that launches a Spark composite EDF Jet that can bust through 200mph.

If you're into electrics, watch the video on YouTube and click on the link in the video description for Joe's thread on RC Groups. He's got a very interesting thread dealing with lipos and he takes it to the "big guys" who have been charging us an arm and a leg for premium batteries. After reading this thread and talking to Joe, I will be making different purchase decisions.

[video=youtube;d52gy3DqodU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d52gy3DqodU[/video]

It was a lot of fun to witness Tom. Joe has put a lot of thought and work into getting it to the point where everything works.
Most of the time, I was just guessing where the jet was lol.

Take care and be well.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Bob it's great to see you here! I met you last year (back when I owned another site) at Wenetchee and we had some good discussions regarding your videos. I thoroughly enjoyed them, nice work man!

hone

150cc
The jet launch was sooo awesome! I'm glad I got to see that in person.

On that pass where he got close i felt it was coming straight for me for a second lol. It was pretty gnarly.

Bob it's great to see you here! I met you last year (back when I owned another site) at Wenetchee and we had some good discussions regarding your videos. I thoroughly enjoyed them, nice work man!

It's great to hear from you again but it would be even better to see you again. I actually sent you a PM (on the other site) about hooking up and doing something together but it went unanswered.
Thanks for the kind comments and I look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Take care and happy flying!
Cheers, Bob

The jet launch was sooo awesome! I'm glad I got to see that in person.

On that pass where he got close i felt it was coming straight for me for a second lol. It was pretty gnarly.

Yeah, I think my hair got parted on "that pass" lol. I'm glad I was there too and I have a hunch Joe is going to get that little beast to go event faster.

Gnarly = Good!