• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 Wenatchee Huckfest Videos

I think Tom has a great idea and I'll be taking his advice. I sure wish I had more time to write down a narrative for each of the videos :) Between working, building, flying, filming and family, there are only so many hours in the day. If there were more hours, I'd use them all up without any difficulty!

I suppose if someone actually wanted to know more about each video, they could simply just click on the YouTube logo to watch it there, it's just one mouse click away! I've attached a fair amount of detail in the video description for each of the videos I have uploaded to YouTube. I guess I was kind of hoping that the title of the video and the name of the thread would spark a little interest. If there isn't that level of interest, this is probably the wrong forum for me to share videos lol.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Snow Dog!

Take care and happy flying!

Thanks very much Tom, I could tell you whose voice it is but then I'd have to kill you lol!

I'm just about to nuke these videos and upload them under the first one as you suggested.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Tom,

I just tried to delete the videos and repost them within a single thread as you suggested. I can't seem to find a way to do that however. Is there a trick to delete a thread or is that a moderator's job? I wish I knew my away around this forum stuff a little better.

Thanks as always and happy flying!

Cheers, Bob

SnowDog

Thanks Tom! Great advice, thanks very much!

I just need to find more time. Since the vids got zero response, I might just delete them and redo them as one thread as you suggest.

Happy flying!

Bob

Bob,

I merged all four of the video threads into one. I do appreciate the work you did on these amazing videos and I hope you get more input from them now that they are all in one thread.

Cheers,
SnowDog

AKfreak

150cc
Yeah for the best forum staff on the planet! Nice merge, of some great vids. Now do tell us a little about your kit, what cameras do you use, what software do you edit in? What Multirotor and gimbal do you use, ect,ect...

Bob,

I merged all four of the video threads into one. I do appreciate the work you did on these amazing videos and I hope you get more input from them now that they are all in one thread.

Cheers,
SnowDog

Awesome, thanks very much SnowDog, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Bob

Yeah for the best forum staff on the planet! Nice merge, of some great vids. Now do tell us a little about your kit, what cameras do you use, what software do you edit in? What Multirotor and gimbal do you use, ect,ect...

Great service indeed! SnowDog rocks! Hopefully I won't screw up anymore when I post threads lol.

As for the kit, it's top secret but since you asked:

Main camera: Panasonic HC-X900M (now just over a year old and therefore obsolete. It has been replaced in the line up by the HC-X920)

Backup camera: Panasonic TM-900 (a couple years old but still awesome)

Microphone: Rode VideoMic with a Deadcat to reduce/eliminate wind noise. I hate hearing wind noise in videos!

Software: Pinnacle Studio Ultimate. Not bad but is prone to crashing and doesn't like huge files with lots of titles, transitions and special effects. I've purchased Cyberlink Power Director but I haven't had time to use it at all. It isn't as intuitive as I'd hoped for and I'll be playing with it when I get the time. Looks awesome. If I was really serious about this I'd get a Mac and Adobe.

Multirotor: QAV500 from GetFPV with a Zenmuse gimbal and GoPro3 Black Edition. 4s 5000mAh. Wicked awesome setup. Flown with a Futaba 8FG.

Backup Multirotor: DJI Phantom with a Zenmuse gimbal using the same GoPro. Flown with the Futaba 8FG.

FPV gear is from ReadyMade RC

I fly my 3D and scale planes with a JR9503 and my FPV planes and multirotors with the Futaba (largely because of the S.bus feature and better range if I'm flying on 2.4)

I'd probably switch everything over to Futaba but I'm too heavily invested in Spectrum and JR DSMX receivers (about 30 of them) so my next radio will probably be a DX18 now that JR is no longer in the DSMX game. They sure pooched that up! The JR guys who put the original deal together to licence the Spektrum technology should be shot for not seeing the dilemma it put us loyal customers in when the licencing deal wasn't renewed. I wouldn't feel that way if I didn't have so many DSMX receivers but I can't afford to start over again with DMSS receivers.

So there, I dropped my pants and have no more secrets (well, almost) lol.

Happy flying!

Cheers,

Bob

Bob with camera avatar.jpg