• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2014 Wenatchee Huckfest Videos

It was great to be back at the Wenatchee Huckfest this year. Mother Nature showed up and treated us to everything from 100+ degree temps, to some quick and nasty downpours of rain that brought in sudden humidity and to some sudden gusts of severe wind that tore the top off some pop-up canopies and folded up and destroyed the lesser budget versions. To top it off, the valley was host to a haze of smoke courtesy of some nasty forest fires. My hat is off to the guys fighting those fires in this heat!

Between all that weather action, there was a lot of awesome flying by a big bunch of great pilots. As always, the event was well run and everyone loved being back at the awesome Red Apple Flyers Club.

In this, the first of several videos filmed at Wenatchee, Geno (who is one of many Canadians who made the trip South across the border to the land of weak beer and cheap whisky) warmed up his thumbs with this flight on his awesome 104" Extreme Flight.

I usually try to edit videos down a bit to make them shorter but what the hell, I really didn’t want to cut anything out of this flight. Maybe I was having too much fun watching it again. I hope you enjoy watching Geno’s flight as much as I did.

[video=youtube;whwWKUsr6SQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwWKUsr6SQ[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 Wenatchee Huckfest Vid 2

More from the 2014 Wenatchee Huckfest. In this video, Joe is warming his thumbs up on his EG Aircraft Slick 540.

Joe made the trip up to Wenatchee from his home in California and flies with Azhar’s crew from Aztech Aeromodels. He's an an awesome young pilot (and a really cool dude) with a bright future in the hobby.

Stay tuned for more action from the 2104 Wenatchee Huckfest!

Here’s a link to the plane Joe is flying: http://store.aztechaeromodels.com/sto...

Next up is a crazy video in which the guys attempt some high stakes high jinks by trying to dunk the rudders of their planes into a little kiddy pool filled with water on the runway...stay tuned!

As always, thanks for watching and happy flying!

Cheers,

Bob

[video=youtube;kcLqWzNJFXM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcLqWzNJFXM[/video]

2014 Wenatchee Huckfest Vid 3 - Pool Party

More from the Wenatchee Huckfest. It’s time to shake things up a bit and when it’s more than 100 degrees out, you hit the pool!

In this video, a number of the guys risk their planes to have a little fun. The challenge was to dip your rudder in the little kiddy pool. Although you see lots of people with the skill to hover their planes a few inches off the deck, it’s another matter to have enough control to drop the tail into a small area like the kiddy pool. You have to guide the rudder over the edge of the pool and down into it, but not too far!

I included two successful attempts by Kody because there was some question at the time as to whether his first attempt was successful, it was!

Everyone did a great job and the session ended with SupaTim giving it a shot with his brand new DLE 222 powered 126” 3DHS Slick. This thing is a beast and as you’ll see, it’s rock solid in a hover with Tim at the sticks.

Cheers, Bob

[video=youtube;AwIVrl7IpCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwIVrl7IpCw[/video]

2014 Wenatchee Huckfest Vid 4

More video from the Wenatchee Huckfest. I’ve got quite a bit of footage of partial flights. I wasn’t always able to get video of full flights from take-off to landing for a variety of reasons but the flying was great and I wanted to share it with you. I’ll be uploading a number of “Mashup” videos that combine a few different flights.

Hopefully next year I’ll be in better shape and will be able to keep up with these guys.

In this video, David takes up his 40% Pilot Extra 300 and then Kody and Azhar from Aztech Aeromodels take up a pair of 40% Pilot Decathlons. Great flying guys! You’ll also see a couple crazy guys with their paramotors and as soon as I get their names, I will update this description.

Thumbs up to all the pilots at this awesome event!

Cheers,

[video=youtube;nrzz6PfzMEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrzz6PfzMEE[/video]

AKfreak

150cc
I am so very glad you decided to come back and share your very good quality videos. I for one appreciate them.

AKfreak

150cc
Yeah I don't get it. They guys here did that same thing last year. You posted awesome vids and got Zero response. Hmmm.... I hate to see you go away again, please keep posting. The guys here are really great, I promise.

Btw, I have several posts that have sat weeks with no response. It doesn't deter me, this place is great, it just doesn't have the same volume of guys as the other big ones. With that said, we dont have the same kind of drama here either, LOL.

Lastly, I would of posted all the vids in the same thread, that way they are all in one place were people can comment on them as a group. Take care, AKf

SnowDog

O I've only had time to watch one of the videos and the quality is amazing...I do thank you for posting them even if you are not getting any responses. I also agree with akf...putting than all in one thread would help...Also..a short narrative to introduce each one would be more inviting.

AKfreak

150cc
You do great work, I always enjoy your vids. Is that your voice in the intro? This flight is by our one and only [MENTION=14]hone1er[/MENTION] . Great flight Joe

Thanks Tom! Great advice, thanks very much!

I just need to find more time. Since the vids got zero response, I might just delete them and redo them as one thread as you suggest.

Happy flying!

Bob