• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

150-200cc Extra 300SP

One thing I forgot to mention is it looks like Herve adds some stainless steel control horn clevis bolts to the kit. I see standard metal bolts and what appears to be stainless. Stainless is a very good way to go.

Came up with a cheaper solution to spending $70 on new hardware.

Attachments

• 20150621_123156.jpg
    20150621_123156.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 314

Tseres

150cc
Came up with a cheaper solution to spending $70 on new hardware.

Won't work. I tried that when I first tarted flying. Wasn't with PAU hardware but the end result is the same. The link will swivel around the ball and it won't stay in trim. The clevis has to stay inline with the pushrod.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I didn't notice any trim issues when I tried it. Interesting..... Mine was on a brand new setup so the clevis was pretty snug on the threaded rod and didn't move freely though. On my Viper prototype I installed these just because it's going to get a LOT of stick time and the servos I used had a little slop so I wanted the tightest setup possible. http://shop.dubro.com/p/heavy-duty-clevis-w-4-40-ball-link-8-32/aircraft_control-horns?pp=12

I'll probably be switching it over to MKS this Winter to tighten it up more.

Won't work. I tried that when I first tarted flying. Wasn't with PAU hardware but the end result is the same. The link will swivel around the ball and it won't stay in trim. The clevis has to stay inline with the pushrod.
I was planning on using red loctite on the clevis. Should be stiff like the full dubro set up.

Also my thought on that was the clevis would not move at all and the ball would in relation to the servo turn buckle travel. Or maybe I need to put on my man pants and spend the $70.00 on dubro hardware.

Tseres

150cc
Also my thought on that was the clevis would not move at all and the ball would in relation to the servo turn buckle travel. Or maybe I need to put on my man pants and spend the $70.00 on dubro hardware.

This would work if you can insure the clevis not moving on the screw. If I were you I would go through all the clevis' and use the good ones and call Herve. I bet he would replace the bad ones.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm kinda brain storming with you..... Instead of red loctite I wonder if a small nut or nylock would be better in case future adjustment or maintenance is required?