• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

150-200cc Extra 300SP

jj46

30cc
Since I just took delivery of one of these beauties this week, I felt it appropriate to open the thread for it!

The hardware supplied is top notch. Very excited to start building it tonight.

One question: What is the purpose of the extra firewall that was included? Is it for 200cc installations?

Bipeguy03

150cc
jj46;12912 wrote: Since I just took delivery of one of these beauties this week, I felt it appropriate to open the thread for it!

One question: What is the purpose of the extra firewall that was included? Is it for 200cc installations?

Can't answer your firewall question, but I think you may be correct. I'm sure Herve or someone will chime in and let you know for sure.

However, can't wait to start seeing pics!!! PAU Extras are one of the best on the market, eventually I want to have all three sizes.

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
jj46;12912 wrote: Since I just took delivery of one of these beauties this week, I felt it appropriate to open the thread for it!

That is correct. The extra firewall is included for the DA 200 installation.

jj46

30cc
That is great that it's included. I'd love to put a DLE-222 in this bad boy, but being that I do both IMAC and 3d, probably best that I stick with the 170 sitting on my shelf.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
mndless;16248 wrote: How is the vertical performance with the DA170?? For IMAC, does it need the 200?

Dean Lampron just won the NATS in Advanced class with a DA-170 on pipes, and often practices Unlimited sequences, so that set up works very well.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I'm getting ready to stick a DA150 on one.  Will it have enough power to do slower 3d and hovers/harriers?  What prop should I use for this set up?  I will mostly be doing Imak but I want to get it low once in awile too. 

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've got a 31x10W I should have brought out for you.     Favorite all around prop for me on a 150-170 on muffs.