• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

150-200cc Extra 300SP

Since I have like to change planes up every few years I'm looking at a new 40% IMAC only plane. An ARF is really my only option right now. I do not want an Aeroworks plane (been there and don't plan on going back). I have an H9 Sukhoi and love it. But looking for something different. EF has a 300 but I suspect it may be going away. Just my thoughts on that. So I'm looking at this plane. Anyone have some good details on this plane for IMAC. I would like a 4 cyl but have a 176 at this time. A DLE 222 could be a good new engine.

I know this post my seem a little cliche because XFC just ending but I have been looking for a few weeks now. Just decided to post the question.

Last edited:
I agree on who does the building because I have heard of builder horror stories. I have not flown a carden or Dalton to compare to but I do appreciate a plane that snaps well including stopping correctly. For instance my old AW 300s both 35 and 40% over rotated a lot. But I never really noticed it because I compensated for it. When I purchased my H9 300 and Sukhoi and found myself stopping early in snaps I realized the AW did not snap as good. The long fuse or just the design of the fuse of the H9 planes made wind correction easier but it was not as affected by the wind as much as the AW.

It still comes down to setup a d burning fuel but if you can reduce work load that does help.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Guess that depends on who built the Carden 300!

Point is no matter what that's pretty damn good. One that flew mine flies unlimited. He has a 222 in his Carden and has surprised at how well mime carried through everything with the 176 and mine is not set up for imac.

sweetpea

100cc
Point is no matter what that's pretty damn good. One that flew mine flies unlimited. He has a 222 in his Carden and has surprised at how well mime carried through everything with the 176 and mine is not set up for imac.

I agree.........to a point. Some builders claim to be good, but even a great kit like a Carden or Dalton can end up poorly constructed and untrue. But a very well built or decent built kit being compared to your plane means quite a bit! Also, most unlimited pilots would be flying a decently built kit as well.....(assumption there).

Tseres

150cc
James. I never owned one of these big PAU Extras. I have flown 2 Different ones with a DA150 on the front with Stock mufflers. I flew strictly IMAC routines with them and was comfortable flying them after about a minute. It snaps very nice the power was plenty for up line snaps. A 170 on Pipes would take this plane to the stratosphere. I was in the process of getting one when I got a great deal on a Dalton. If I didn't have my Dalton and was looking for a 42% ARF. This would be it.