• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ 112 Champion mounting

A "Yes Please" pic. :)

Attachments

• 20151024_160126.jpg
    20151024_160126.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 275
Back to the lathe on Monday. Need to take 1/8" off the stand offs. Yep, the 1/8" I added, I need to take remove. Oh well. Trials and tribulations. Guess I can still trim for the carby.

Attachments

• 20151024_161318.jpg
    20151024_161318.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 269
I think Im gonna remove the blind nuts from the firewall, and use a piece of 1/8" ply and some washers to mount the standoffs. Pushed a blind nut out removing the stand offs. Not to mention, I ruined 6 10-32 blind nuts.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I go both ways, but I like to laser birch ply disks and use a fender or larger dia. washer on the inside. Standoffs threaded on both ends look nice for that setup!!

Got my standoffs trimmed up today. I like the fit much better of the cowl to spinner backplate.

Think I'm going with a 1/8" 5 ply plate, about 1/2" square with a hole in the center for the 10-32.

There is something really relevant to make this engine run....... Its not fuel, prop, air or spark....... I need a WJ 71 throttle arm. I pondered just making one out of sheet aluminum and bolting it on, much like I did with my 3W 164 2 holer. It worked out well, but I want something that is tried and true with excellent geometry.

I'm aiming for 100/100 for perfect linearity.

But, I did get get the last of the standoffs mounted, and a bit more to cut out for the "soon to be" carb arm and a provision to access the needles.

Just ordered me up a G10 carb arm from my buddy Justin @Vital-Rc for this monster. Should have it in a couple of days, Monday the earliest. Then I can get back on it.

Then to finalize a choke method.......