• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Your 2015 RC related resolutions

to get everything in the hanger airworthy, and to get myself back out to the field and get flying again! (it's only been about 5 years....)

And to get one of them nice 50cc Chipmunks going...

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hello Cbarnes0061,

Thanks for the motivation..............:big-grin: That's a nice looking Stick you got there. Looks like a Great Planes Giant Stick.

I just LOVE Sticks.....:love: Since I was fortunate enough for a friend to give me an old RCM trainer to learn to fly on, I saved a little extra money and bought a 60 size Hanger 9 Ultrastick when they first came out with a Saito 100. Well, the trainer didn't survive my first attempted take off, so my instructor suggested we put the Ultrastick together, set it up with minimal throws and I could finish learning to fly it. It was the best decision I've ever maid in R/C and I've had a love affair with Sticks ever since.

I really am itching to get my AMR Stick done, but my current work schedule will not allow me any tome to work on it. I saved my pennies last year and I already have a 3W70 twin sitting at home in the box with everything else I need to fly it.

Happy New Year,
David

BalsaDust

Mine is actually the old hobby shack giant ugly stick kit. It has a 106" wingspan. I got it already built and I'm working on stuffing it right now. Would have been great as kit though as I see so many places to cut weight on it. Should have it flying in a few weeks or whenever I finally meet up with a buddy who has some swervos for me to throw in it.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I know what you mean about wanting to save weight. A good friend of mine has a 50cc AMR stick that he put an older 3W78 twin on it and the plane balanced almost perfectly. Here's a pic of it
011.JPG

My apologies to everyone for taking the thread off topic.

David

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I know what you mean about wanting to save weight. A good friend of mine has a 50cc AMR stick that he put an older 3W78 twin on it and the plane balanced almost perfectly. Here's a pic of itView attachment 8354
My apologies to everyone for taking the thread off topic.

David
Can't say I have ever really been too fond of a "Stick". but I do have to honestly admit, this one ain't too shabby. I like the scheme... kinda racey. And the nice chrome wheels are definite compliment to the plane. The 3w is the best part of it. Plus....it's big. Really nice plane.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Can't say I have ever really been too fond of a "Stick". but I do have to honestly admit, this one ain't too shabby. I like the scheme... kinda racey. And the nice chrome wheels are definite compliment to the plane. The 3w is the best part of it. Plus....it's big. Really nice plane.

Thanks for the compliments Stangflyer.......:big-grin: I'll share them with my Buddy. You're right about the 3W being the best part of the plane. That motor is over 20 years old and it pulls that plane around like crazy. It will hover the plane at about 1/3 throttle. Hopefully mine will back under construction again soon.

David

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I think I want to try and add in being present at some more events. This year I already have the AMA expo lined up next weekend, and I'm going to try and work on Wenatchee again. See if there's a couple more events i can throw in, maybe lodi.
im in Lodi, see you there!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
To place in the top ten of Sportsman class Southwest division of IMAC this year. This resolution has one standard to make it happen, every event attended I have one and only one goal. To fly a weekends worth of judged rounds with no zeroes. not to win, not to trophy, just to fly every round without a single goose egg.

Last edited: