• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Looks like you have a good attitude about it though :thumbup:

Yeah it sucks but it's one of those things where this is the risk we take in the hobby. No airplane lasts forever, sometimes the longest you get out of an airplane is the first flight.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Yeah it sucks but it's one of those things where this is the risk we take in the hobby. No airplane lasts forever, sometimes the longest you get out of an airplane is the first flight.

[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]

We are sorry to hear about the crash. Don't worry bud, we have parts support. We will get you all set up with new parts and you'll have her back in the air in no time.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Snagged about 10 minutes to hop into the basement and do some surgery on the wing tonight. I hate the feeling of having to cut into new covering, but it had to be done. Once I sliced away and peeled back the covering along the entire bottom of the wing, I discovered surprisingly minimal damage to the structure. A few cracked ribs and another piece of balsa or two got knocked loose, but that was it. Should take me all of 10 minutes to repair and another leisurely half hour of re-doing the covering. Just need a couple rolls of covering and some CA. I'll reinforce the cracked ribs with some more balsa and make sure every joint inside is still firmly glued in place before I seal it back up.

Engine is on its way to DA as we speak, also hoping for minimal damages there.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
It reminds me of when a plane crashes into a hemlock tree here... sounds horrible, but the damage surprisingly isn't ever that bad (thanks to fluffy branches). The covering has this elasticity to it and when it breaks under tension, it's a horrible sound ha!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've heard that sound more than once!

We had JUST mowed all of the really tall and bushy weeds in that area of the field... Had it not been mowed it makes me wonder if the airplane would have been okay..

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The DA70 landed back at DA today, now I just have to sit here and anxiously await to see how badly it was damaged. Hoping for the best still...