• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
That is awesome to hear bud. My Slick is a precision monster too. I put a cortex on it and was the wrong thing to do. Flew better without it. I have heard nothing but good about that DA70 Twin. Will be very cool to see what you do with this bird once you get the motor broke in. So post up lots of vid dude.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
"Flew better without the Cortex" ... that's the first time I've ever heard that. Cortex makes all planes fly better, no matter how good they fly to begin with. There is a very good reason why I have four of them :D

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] That may be your opinion bud, but for me it is not so. The Slick Pro flew better without the cortex then with it. The only time it really made any real difference was when it was real windy out one day. I had the settings turned down so much that there really was no point having on there. Once I got the plane dialed in it flew like a dream. I put it on a EF 48" Edge 540T EXP and it made that bird fly oh so much better. It was like night and day with it on there.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] as I said I haven't heard that before. People put them on all sorts of planes and seem to universally agree that it will make the plane fly better. Very curious why you didn't not experience that with the Slick. It makes my 70 Slick feel like a 50cc plane and it totally sharpens up all the precision moves. But if are enjoying it on the 48 Edge more power to you my friend. As long as you are enjoying your planes that's all that matters in the end.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION], you will need to come out and try your hand at a fire breathing airplane :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
@Bushwacker as I said I haven't heard that before. People put them on all sorts of planes and seem to universally agree that it will make the plane fly better. Very curious why you didn't not experience that with the Slick. It makes my 70 Slick feel like a 50cc plane and it totally sharpens up all the precision moves. But if are enjoying it on the 48 Edge more power to you my friend. As long as you are enjoying your planes that's all that matters in the end.

Honestly I don't understand it either bud. I know I will be swapping the cortex between the 48 and this new 3DHS 61" Extra Im building. It's a pretty light aircraft and I think the cortex will be awesome in it especially in windy conditions.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I unfortunately have some sad and unexpected news for those who were looking to see a flight video. I honestly have no idea what happened but today I went home with my tail between my legs and a freshly smashed 91" Aerobeez Slick, plus a busted off DA70 cylinder head and broken mufflers :crying::crying::sadface:

12754932_10209543328647008_253762319_o.jpg12742656_10209543676215697_6887026326868629850_n.jpg

I wish I knew what happened, I can only speculate at this point. The fuselage, main gear, pants, cowl, canopy, and right wing panel are all firewood at this point, might just be more cost effective to buy a whole new airplane. Engine is going off to Desert Aircraft tomorrow, hoping it's just a bent rod and some gaskets/bolts.

Sometimes it's just not meant to be :(

Bipenut53

150cc
Oh man that really sucks [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]!! I am very sorry to see and hear that. I do know how that feels and to come on here and report that is a very hard thing to do, and you are right, probably the best thing to do is suck it up and do it again. We were talking that the airframe is one of the cheapest parts of the build. I hope that not much else is hurt to bad so you can recycle it into a new bird. Don't beat yourself up too bad! It happens to us all. I always said that there is a secret number stamped on all airframes as to how many flights they have in them, we just don't know what that number is. Keep us updated on what you decide to do from here.