• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thats really good information [MENTION=4300]Brashair[/MENTION] thanks much for that. I thought the Slick would of been better in the precision department. Glad I posted the question. I like the looks of both, but I like the Extra a little Extra more... :p

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Every Slick I've flown flew rock solid in any attitude so I can't agree with the precision aspect being lesser than any other airplane out there. Either way, it's going to fly awesome.

I did one last mod tonight and that was moving the ignition battery out from the cowl back to the wooden tray right behind the fuel tank. I had this funny feeling it would be too far forward so I decided to move it real quick. Checked the tank and it seems to be fuel tight so there was only one last thing to do: Charge the batteries!!

Will load it up in the morning and head out to the field to see if she flies :)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Every Slick I've flown flew rock solid in any attitude so I can't agree with the precision aspect being lesser than any other airplane out there. Either way, it's going to fly awesome.

I did one last mod tonight and that was moving the ignition battery out from the cowl back to the wooden tray right behind the fuel tank. I had this funny feeling it would be too far forward so I decided to move it real quick. Checked the tank and it seems to be fuel tight so there was only one last thing to do: Charge the batteries!!

Dude I'm super excited for you!!! So much I can't sleep! I hope your maiden goes perfect and you don't need to do even the slightest trim! Th plane looks RAD and I bet it will fly rock solid!

I'll be driving through Cali today and ending up in Burbank. Wish I could stop and watch ya but I'm taking the family to Wally World! (Universal Studios Hollywood). I'm gonna stop by Aerobeez on Monday and do some video interviewing and walk through of the warehouse as well then off to the final destination of Arizona to hopefully catch my 4th Grandbaby as he shoots his way out and into the world! Ha ha

I would think at the very least you would wait to fly the plane before you disagree with my assessment. Did I not say it did precision well? You're already moving the CG back even before you fly it, as I suggested, because you have a "funny feeling" it would be too far forward.
Good luck on your maiden.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I've flown with Express, I'm pretty sure "precision" is not something he's really too concerned about ;)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well it flies!!!!

The DA70 is INSANE with how much power it has!!!!! And it has only gotten stronger every flight!!!! Today I only put 4 flights on it, 2 gentle and 2 very very mild flights, still breaking the engine in and getting used to the airplane.

12662677_10209536096986221_621362006032372822_n.jpg
12705582_10209536097426232_336685797804606286_n.jpg
12705657_10209536097266228_8814791599539258584_n.jpg
12734090_10209537392378605_9141134252979289388_n.jpg

It is just a tiny tidbit nose heavy and required a whole 3 clicks of up-trim to fly straight as an arrow. Inverted it wants to dip just a hair but I'll probably leave it like this.

The last thing to do now is to fit a spinner to the nose! Also, a small flight video for you guys:

[video=youtube;CC_Pxzjql_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Pxzjql_U[/video]

Nothing crazy right now, will put 4-5 more flights on it tomorrow :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

One very happy owner.

12715280_10209537397498733_6795797033248859398_n.jpg

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Congrats Tanner, er, I mean Xpress. Looks great out in the sun, beautiful plane. Hovering awfully low on a new plane with a new engine :veryshocked:

Bipenut53

150cc
Congrats on a successful maiden and other flights!! Its a great feeling when things go right! Nice job [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Congrats Tanner, er, I mean Xpress. Looks great out in the sun, beautiful plane. Hovering awfully low on a new plane with a new engine :veryshocked:

The engine had some time in on it, plus I didn't keep it there very long. Should be totally fine.

Congrats on a successful maiden and other flights!! Its a great feeling when things go right! Nice job [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]!!

Yes it is, thank you!

Way to go bro. I be moocho happy for you man. How does it compare to your other planes?

Flies much more precise and straighter than my 70" Slick (which is not sloppy at all). Lots of power, very floaty, very responsive. Can't wait to get this engine broken in and see what it can really do.