• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale World Models 1/3 Super Cub Project

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
That company is up in Alaska (no surprise), do you know where their manufacturing is located?

Wacobipe

100cc
That company is up in Alaska (no surprise), do you know where their manufacturing is located?
I'm pretty sure they manufacture in house (not positive). Dave Sullivan was interacting with them directly and they,build the little tundra tires for us using the exact same methods they do for the big guys.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I've got a few replacement pushrods on order as well as a new-fangled on-off switch that is supposedly smarter than a fifth grader and a new Spektrum receiver that is smarter than my honor student!

These guys are very helpful and at the same time are pulling me out of the dark ages. My multi-rotor heli stuff is all super bad ass but my airplane stuff is old school, what's wrong with that??!!??

While I'm here I might as well drop some data on what's been happening, other than the fact that I couldn't sleep the last two nights :confused::confused::confused:

I'll detail it in the next video but it's taken a little finagling to get the aileron and flap hardware all situated. After trying a variety of control horns, servo horns, connection hardware and spacers I've got a combination that will work for the ailerons and a combination that will work for the flaps while using as much of the stock components as possible. It's a personal goal of mine with reviews to use as much stock stuff as possible even if it takes me a while to figure it out that way.

I'll detail the parts and provide links to them when I make/post the video in the coming day or two.

Thanks to everyone that kicked in guidance. As it ends up, the stock pushrods are ok lengthwise but the threads just aren't deep enough to really grab and cut threads in the hard nylon of the rod ends or clevis ends. I've replaced the pushrods and one rod end, have had to substitute SWB servo arms on the aileron servos, and have had to cut 1/8" spacers for under the aileron servos to get everything to line up correctly but it'll all be in the video.

I've also come up with a scheme that will be applied when this review/build advances into the "Project" part of the project. :devil-dance:

Making progress!

Last edited: