• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Who would be interested in an entirely new type of competition?

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Are you guys up for holding it in the Pittsburgh area? If so, I can run it by my club at our meeting this Thursday.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
So, were you keeping this a secret from me? (we were sitting next to each other at the judging seminar). You've crystallized my thoughts brother! I figured it would morph into something good and I think you've got it. Are you thinking a modified Aresti or maneuvers written out? This will certainly maximize those 48"- 80" airframes, shrink the footprint, noise print and $ outlay. Depending on judging speed this could go indoors too!

Great thinking Cody. :grrreat::thumbup:

I'm IN

teookie

70cc twin V2
Sounds like a pretty cool idea IMHO. If there was a competition like this within reasonable driving distance I would enter. Beginners class obviously. :p

I think this would also be a great stepping stone into freestyle as you will perform essentially a basic sequence and learn how to string maneuvers together and have something achievable. I tossed around the idea of competing in the 38 contest at FLI, but I am so far away from that skill set (especially against Stevie) that it is probably a waste of my time.

Maybe one category could be a preset music piece with mandatory maneuvers. That could be fun for all as the required maneuvers could be different based on skill level.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
+1 on the skill sets. My claim to fame (in my mind!) is that I beat out Tyler at my first fun fly competition (Loop and roll then roll (the dice)). It had nothing to do with ability or style after the Loops and Rolls and landing were complete, poor kid took 26 rolls to get his number to come up and it was a timed event, sorry Tyler!:quoties:
I have a feeling there will be some of this type of event (to test the waters if nothing else) headed to a fun fly near you! I know I'll be promoting it at my club on a casual basis. If we can break balloons and do fun games then why not a short judged 3D/ precision competition. It's a start.