• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Which of all the 50cc is most stable

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Both are stable and track great. Had many many flights on the slick. Was awesome but to me the extra is the cats meow! One of best flying 60cc out there no questions asked!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Resurrecting an old thread. Finally had a nice day to maiden the 50cc YAK 55M. Could not be more pleased with the way the plane handles. Very stable and predictable. Slows way down for landings and is still very controllable.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Glad you are loving it Wfahey!

It is a fun and easy plane to fly. Great for slow 3d and never really gets you nervous. is that about right?

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Typical nervousness kicked in when I took the runway and advanced the throttle. As soon as it broke ground and began to climb I knew things were going to be fine. It needed a couple of clicks of down and some right aileron trim and it was perfect. Most maiden flights are a couple of laps around the pattern to get used to the plane. This one wanted me to do stuff! I became instantly comfortable with it. Even with a crosswind when it came time to land. The rudder has tons of authority. I have it charged up and ready to go for tomorrow.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Awesome! Glad to hear it went so well and you're excited for tomorrow! If you get any pics or video feel free to share or post on our Redwing RC page on facebook, or Redwing Owners club

SnowDog

Typical nervousness kicked in when I took the runway and advanced the throttle. As soon as it broke ground and began to climb I knew things were going to be fine. It needed a couple of clicks of down and some right aileron trim and it was perfect. Most maiden flights are a couple of laps around the pattern to get used to the plane. This one wanted me to do stuff! I became instantly comfortable with it. Even with a crosswind when it came time to land. The rudder has tons of authority. I have it charged up and ready to go for tomorrow.

that's awesome news! glad it was so much fun...this one is on my short list for my next purchase...would love to see some in-air pics or videos!!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Super cloudy day. The night before is when all of the flooding was happening here in Texas. Field was wet, but otherwise flyable. You just DID NOT want to have a dead stick into the fields. You would sink up to your knees in mud and there are snakes! 2015-05-24 08.55.20.jpg2015-05-24 09.38.08.jpg2015-05-24 09.43.13.jpg2015-05-24 09.45.36.jpg2015-05-24 11.31.57.jpg2015-05-24 11.32.54.jpg

3dcarter

50cc
Can't wait to get my 50cc Extra. I love the price and looks and if I can fly it half as good as Joe does i'll be happy!