• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Which of all the 50cc is most stable

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
As the title says. I am looking for opinions on what you think is the most stable or best behaved plane in the 50cc size is in the Redwing fleet. Something you would recommend to a newer pilot.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Bushwacker - Our 50cc Slick is VERY widely loved for the reasons you mention. Very SAFE feeling and can do anything you want. The Yak 55 should prove to be also but the Slick has a LOT of pilots that have shared the same feelings for many years now.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Bushwacker - Our 50cc Slick is VERY widely loved for the reasons you mention. Very SAFE feeling and can do anything you want. The Yak 55 should prove to be also but the Slick has a LOT of pilots that have shared the same feelings for many years now.

+1000 The slick is such a great plane and as Tim said the history is what's important here.... Everyone I have talked to about the RedwingRC Slick is super impressed.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So would you say more so over the Extra. Or would the extra be considered a more specific airframe for 3d. You know what Im trying to say right.

[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] I have flown them both.. the slick is the more stable of the two.. As with any Extra you have to watch what you are doing with a extra as they will bite you if you dont respect them.. I think if you are a newer 3d pilot you will like the slick better

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I do appreciate this guy's. Im having a war between what I should do to become a better pilot and oh wow that plane looks so cool. To me the extra looks better, the slick looks awesome to don't get wrong. But I also really love the looks of the Ultimate 20-300 Biplane. Been told the Biplane is something I should wait till I am a much more advanced pilot before getting into that. So in my effort to become better I thought it would be a good idea to get opinions from those that have already experienced the growing pains. Plus not having a mentor to go fly with and doing it on my own is probably going to take longer, be a bit more expensive, but worth it. It was the same with heli's for a while. Thats kinda why I chose the Vyper as my first larger aircraft. People say you get a bit of both worlds with that plane...3d and pattern and in my mind that sounded great. Before that it was just some 45" foamies running as3x tech by Horizon Hobby. Anyway thanks again guys.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I do appreciate this guy's. Im having a war between what I should do to become a better pilot and oh wow that plane looks so cool. To me the extra looks better, the slick looks awesome to don't get wrong. But I also really love the looks of the Ultimate 20-300 Biplane. Been told the Biplane is something I should wait till I am a much more advanced pilot before getting into that. So in my effort to become better I thought it would be a good idea to get opinions from those that have already experienced the growing pains. Plus not having a mentor to go fly with and doing it on my own is probably going to take longer, be a bit more expensive, but worth it. It was the same with heli's for a while. Thats kinda why I chose the Vyper as my first larger aircraft. People say you get a bit of both worlds with that plane...3d and pattern and in my mind that sounded great. Before that it was just some 45" foamies running as3x tech by Horizon Hobby. Anyway thanks again guys.

No problem! Been there and done that. The ultimates are way cool but a PITA to put together at the field in my opinion. I had the Ultimate 10-300, loved the design, it flew ok (it was an older glow plane with a saito 91) but like I said a pain to put together. The Beast is a beauty as well as the checkmate by Aeroworks. I think you will like the slick as many advanced pilots fly the wheels pants off of them!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yep - So I've talked to many guys who have flown and love BOTH the Extra and Slick. the Extra is more capable, and probably a bit more prescise. and for an Extra, VERY stable. However it is not as comfortable as the slick. The slick has it's mass centered around the CG. this gives any plane an advantage in stability.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I have an edge and an extra in 100cc. The edge is very floaty and 3d's great. The extra seems not to stall as bad as i was told it would. I did however have a 50cc extra and edge. The 50cc extra seemed to stall much easier than the edge. If i had to pick between the two i would go with the edge on 50cc planes. If it were 100cc it would be a tough call

BrandonD

30cc
I have flown the slick and it is very stable as [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] mentioned! It is very stable and gives you confidence at low airspeed and low altitude! Very much of a 3D trainer! There are videos on you tube of it and as you can see, in knife edge it is very responsive and stable and in harriers it does not want to tip stall! I personally have the extra but it is more geared toward higher energy 3D and likes to be crazy! It is not as easy to fly I guess is how to say it, but let me make clear that it is an awesome air-frame as well! Just for stability and confidence aspects I would say the slick as well!