• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which electrical connector do you prefer, and why?

weaser42

30cc
I use 45A Anderson Power Poles on all my stuff including my Logo700 and 104" Slick (electric). I've been using them for the last 3-4 years and they have worked quite well.

Fast3D

50cc
Thank you everyone for the input. I will try to read more about this topic too. Sorry to distract everyone else from the laser build.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thank you everyone for the input. I will try to read more about this topic too. Sorry to distract everyone else from the laser build.

Don't apologize! That is the great thing about this site: we can learn and help each other, and when necessary, break it out into a new thread!

I hope this thread grows full of knowledge, discussion, and debate!

Fast3D

50cc
Great :) thanks.
I have used the soldering and bullet connectors for my esc/motor side. I ordered a bunch of 45a power poles fornthe battery side. I might try them after I read more about it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've had really good experience with the ec5. Switched to them after exceeding the amp limit on xt60. Never cared for the deans plug due to the lousy soldering setup, and difficulty using large gauge wires.

Now I'm transitioning to the Castle Connectors, since they combine the ease of the ec5 with a 200a rating.

The club VP had a deans solder joint fail yesterday. Luckily the plane landed in "a golden halo of light" in the corn and only scuffed up his cowling.

He is coming over today to be converted to the APP faith.

I like bullets too. I use then on the motor side of all my electrics.